Location: London (Office & Home)
Job Status: Contract (End of 2021)
Open To: EU or UK Citizens or UK Work Permit.
Job Overview: A leading and well-established Information Management Company in the global oil and gas industry seeks a senior level Team Lead to work at an oil operator client site on contract until the end of 2021. In this role, you will drive innovation, provide the vision and roadmap for change and manage the execution of plans. Applicants are invited with experience in digital transformation technologies and practices, and the ability to define, lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams to achieve objectives. An Oil and Gas background is preferred but candidates are invited from all industries.
The Company has been at the forefront of providing expert data and information management services to the upstream oil and gas industry for over two decades. Services range from IM advisory, project, support and learning consulting services, helping clients reduce costs and increase efficiencies to devising effective data /IM management strategies.
The Company’s success is built upon their status of trusted advisors within E&P. They have a well-established client base from small to major oil companies who they support, in transforming data and information into useful knowledge; the deployment of cloud solutions; and in the optimisation of technologies and workflows.
Working at the Company’s Oil Operator Client site, approximately 3 days a week and the other 2 from home, you will be become a key player in the Operators overall “Digital Transformation Strategy”. Although this contract runs until the end of the year (2021), it may be extended or the Company may have other opportunities for you – both contract or permanent.
Responsibilities: The role will consist of the following activities
• Become a key player in the digital transformation of subsurface exploration and production data. You will have a great deal of influence to drive change!
• Build strong working relationships with all players in the Europe and Africa Subsurface Teams – this is approximately 30 people.
• Define and communicate the vision for improvement – ensuring that all Team members clearly understand the business reasons and are onboard with this vision.
• Build an innovative culture and a safe environment where people can challenge the norm, with an emphasis on process improvement.
• Inspire a mindset of continuous improvement.
• Prioritise business requirements and manage expectations.
• Delegate planning and execution to the team members.
• Facilitate transformative ideas that have a positive business impact.
• Asses the team for any gaps in digital skills and upskill them, as necessary.
• Give advice, coach, and facilitate as required.
• Manage all stakeholders – ensuring that clear communications are adhered, to all involved in a professional and timely manner.
• Work three days in the London office and two days from home – this may vary depending on requirements and deliverable deadlines.
• A degree in an IT/Computing, Geoscience or/and Engineering discipline preferred.
• Proven experience in the digital transformation space essential - of the workflows, business practices and technologies involved.
• A minimum of 5 years in a Team Leader position essential – the ability to define the vision and manage the execution of plans whilst maintaining strong stakeholder relations is paramount to this role!
• Experience working in multidisciplinary teams is highly desired.
• Ability to interact with both tactical and strategic teams, working towards a common goal essential.
• Ability to listen to end users and identify the specific work products needed to achieve an outcome essential.
• Experience working in a team that uses Agile approaches: Kanban, Scrum, etc. essential.
• Experience interacting with internal customers and data specialists to collect and prioritise development requirements essential.
• Awareness of the latest digital tools and skills required to enhance a team’s performance essential: No code or low code solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power Platform and Office 365, as well as high code solutions such as Azure Synapse.
• Experience successfully running a cross disciplinary team essential.
• Strong interpersonal skills and technical credibility in dealing with end users and data product owners essential
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills essential
• Must have a passion for business process improvements essential.
• Good analytical abilities and reporting skills essential.
• An understanding of subsurface workflows and data types advantageous but not essential.
• Experience with business intelligence tools highly desired.
• Awareness of Data Engineering and associated tools desired.
• Highly flexible – ability to adapt to new project challenges and prioritise workloads.
Package: A Day Rate of £500 - £600 (GBP) per day is on offer depending on skills and experience.
Please submit a Cover Letter with your application - outlining a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience pertaining to requirements) b) your availability and c) your Day Rate expectations.