- Simple Cycle Gas Turbine power station large 250MW facility being developed in West Africa with future expansion planned at the power plant.
- The Plant Manager is overall responsible for the safe, efficient, lawful, and cost-effective management and operations of the generation facility. The Plant Manager will provide leadership to the plant staff in operations, maintenance, business, engineering, and environmental functions while ensuring conformance with all facility contracts, permits, and safety regulations. Furthermore, the Plant Manager will ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and will serve as the primary interface between these agencies.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Plant Manager manages the Plant in accordance with the O&M agreement. Manage the various components of the PV power plant management program as they relate to day-to-day operations and maintenance at PV plant sites. This overall objective will be achieved by meeting the following plant objectives:
- Health and safety performance
- Environmental stewardship
- Employee training and development
- Quality control
- Work management system
- Performance management
- Operation and maintenance of generation assets
- Evaluation of reliability improvements and technology
- Process development and oversight, budget development including oversight and adherence.
- Oversight of site personnel, site supervisors, technicians, staff specialists, and subject matter experts.
- Responsible for all plant personnel, policies, and programs. Examples include employee morale, staffing levels, training efforts, and safety issues.
- Communicates regularly with Management and all site personnel, both individually and as a group, to ensure excellent two-way communication concerning operational and maintenance issues.
- Assists in the hiring of site personnel and conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the site maintenance personnel.
- Ensure adherence with company and department policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for operating the Plant within the approved budget.
- Ensures compliance with all contracts including contracts to protect the long-term interests of the company.
- Ensures compliance with environmental standards and applicable governmental regulations.
- Interfaces with the various central support groups to review the operation of plant equipment and systems continuously, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate, and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manages the plant programs based on best practices in the PV industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Continuously strives to improve the condition and performance of the plant.
- Monitors and manages the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, equipment, tools, and reordering as necessary.
- Manages the use of the enterprise asset management system (Maximo) at the site and ensures the complete and accurate integration of the system.
- The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures and instructions specific to the O&M Agreement. Qualifications must include the following:
- Required Skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and ensure safety, quality, and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work in difficult customer situations.
- Available for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the customer's success.
- Ability to share technical expertise with team members and the customer.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and direct the safe operation and maintenance activities of multiple complex projects.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of professional experience in power plant engineering activities, operations, and/or maintenance of an electric generating plant of 250 megawatts or larger; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. 2 years of the required experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Minimum of 5 year's relevant experience in maintenance and personnel management in the utility or energy industry encompassing operations, maintenance, performance reporting, and outage management.
- Gas Turbine experience
- Demonstrated understanding of power plant, EH&S compliance, budgeting, personnel management, operations, and maintenance.
- Utility or Energy industry encompassing operations, maintenance, plant management, and outage management.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Excellent communication, leadership, teamwork, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.