Planning & Cost Control Supervisor
MSELECT is hiring a Planning & Cost Control Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years relevant and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling and be fluent in English.
- Planner and Cost Control Section Head
- Planning and Cost Control
The Planner and Cost Controller Supervisor supervises the departments planning and cost control to ensure all Operations and Maintenance functions are carried out safely and efficiently in line with the overall Production functional objectives and asset plans. oversee engineering and commercial elements of the business, key to controlling all business risk and exposure.
Utilize best business practice for planning and cost control to optimum effect, diligently and effectively, in meeting the company's business needs.
The job objectives are but not limited to:
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and contractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestones
- Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
- Perform technical and commercial review of EPC and EPCI projects progress
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management's review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Must have experience in material estimation, schedule, resource planning and resource development activity. The work experience in the revamp project added advantage.
- Proactive approach in decisional process;
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Overall control of project schedule
- Overall control of project costs
- Will be involved in Technical Evaluation Process for schedule compliance.
- Develop 30 Day and 90 Day and yearly plans as required by department management. Daily measurement and flag any schedule slip to Department Manager.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with other departments with respect to Planning and Cost Control.
- Assure finance payment conformance against controls commitments. Alert department manager for any non-payment.
- Measure contract performance KPI and act to initiate liquidated damages as required.
- Develop back up cost estimates to support Contract Strategy Estimates.
- Work closely with contractors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Pre-Operations and document development experience essential.
- Operational and Project experience preferred.
- Experience of working in an Engineering Office Environment.
- Interface with Planning and Cost Control Engineers essential.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Planning and Cost Control policies to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team
- Planning Department (A&S Division)
- Operations and Maintenance team
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts, Procurement & Logistics
- Drilling Department
- Subsurface Facilities
- Basra Oil Company
- Vendors & Service providers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training
- 5+ years relevant and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling.
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Experience in relevant supervisory role
- Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and SAP software's
- Experience working Planning and Cost Control issues in Wells, Operations, greenfield and Brownfield Construction.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a multi-cultural environment
- Presentation skills essential
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.