Job Title: Pilot Plant Operator
Company/Department: SINOPEC-UOP Joint Research Center (SINOPEC Employee)
Reports To: Senior Operations Manager
***MUST have min. 3 years of hands-on experience operating Microreactor/Pilot plant!!!***
Microreactors at Sinopec Tech Houston LLC are bench scale assemblies of high-pressure equipment where experiments are conducted for the purpose of catalyst and process development for the Refinery and Petrochemical industries. As a Pilot Plant Operator, you will operate, monitor, and take readings on a group of Microreactors. This includes collecting samples, and basic preparation for the labs to analyze. You will be responsible for your work area to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the area. You will make use of our research management system to continuously make improvements. You will work with the latest technologies with some of the most talented and experienced scientists and engineers. Hands on bench work is a must, which demonstrates your skill and expertise in the Chemistry or R&D field. Continuously improve and learn through coaching and mentoring from highly skilled colleagues and leaders.
- Maintain compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Recommend and implement safety, quality, and productivity improvements.
- Operate an assigned group of Microreactors.
- Collect, organize, and interpret data from Microreactors runs.
- Prepare Microreactors for operation, start plants up, control plants at specified conditions, shut down plants, and trouble shoot plant when needed.
- Coordinate and perform catalyst loadings and feed blending requests.
- Set-up automated data collection tools, including Honeywell DCS, Excel spreadsheets, Chrome-browser-based tools, and SQL-based LIMS (laboratory information management system) profiles.
- Implement approved plant modifications.
- Working knowledge of On-line analytical instrumentation (especially GC).
- Communicate well with coworkers in the Microreactor Testing Group and with internal business unit customers.
- Shift Operator are expected to work independently with little supervision.
- Operator may be required to work a rotating, 12-hour schedule, or strait day depending on operation demand.
- Up to 75% of work time in plant environment, which may require ladder climbing, maneuvering cylinders, drums, and equipment, stair climbing, occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. The remaining 25% will be spent in an office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good training, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate – including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment while making improvements in operations.
- Effective organizational skills and proven ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic math and chemistry background are desirable.
- Ability to handle hazardous waste and shipping documents.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and data analysis.
- At least 3 years of Microreactor/Pilot plant operations experience and chemical handling (drum quantities and smaller)
- Honeywell DCS operation experience is a plus.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- Associate degree in Engineering or a closely related science discipline is required. (Degree must be from an Accredited Degree program.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience operating, supporting and troubleshooting microreactors/pilot plants within a chemical process environment or manufacturing background is ideal.
- Experience working 12 or 8 hour rotating shift.
- Hazmat certified preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- No relocation extended.
Disclaimers: The foregoing statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of this role and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position. The specifics of this job description will be updated from time to time, as appropriate and required.
STHC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1-832-831-1200.
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website: www.sinopecthc.com
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Sinopec Tech Houston, LLC. (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sinopec Tech Houston
Share this job