Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Operations Supervisor on a 2/3 rotation.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of topside and sub-sea, process, utilities and where applicable marine equipment. Provides leadership and supervision to the installations Operations, contract crew and vendors.
- Highlights threats and opportunities and takes appropriate action. Ensuring work scopes are carried out in accordance with Client Management System, and in compliance with Installation Safety Case & Statutory Legislation.
- Responsible for the Asset incident management system (IMS) reporting, investigation and action close out.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Offshore Inspection Engineer and associated inspectors and inspection vendors to support delivery of Inspection plan.
- Management of safe work and Area Authority within PTW system.
- Responsible for the monitoring, control and providing input to asset environmental targets, including flare emissions, water overboard discharges, chemicals, NORM disposal.
- Liaises with government agencies and third-party auditors during installation visits, responsible for resolving actions identified.
- Responsible for overall supervision, guidance and work direction for the installation’s operations team, contract core crew and specialist vendors. Works alongside Maintenance Supervisor, Operations Co-Ordinator, Maintenance Co-Ordinator positions, to ensure delivery of 7, 28 and 90-day plan for efficient execution of maintenance and asset plans.
- Actively contribute to developing emergency response team competency. Develop individual competency in order to carry out relief OIM duties as scheduled during periods of training, sickness.
- Monitor and provide input to OPEX budget in accordance with business plan objectives, highlight threats and opportunities and take appropriate action.
- ONC or, City and Guilds or, NVQ Level 3 in appropriate discipline.
- Apprenticeship in an appropriate discipline is preferred.
- BOSIET, MIST and Offshore Medical.
- Experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation.
- Relevant experience in either onshore or offshore oil and gas industry or candidates with significant experience in similar onshore Hazardous Industries such as continuous processes petrochemical, nuclear or power generation.
- Proven broad upstream experience covering the areas of offshore operations, process engineering, marine systems, facilities engineering (topsides and subsea), petroleum engineering and drilling.
- Must have strong practicing understanding of implementing and managing HES / OEMS / Operations Assurance. Must be capable of contributing strongly to management of OPEX/CAPEX, service contracts, business plans and tactical activity plans.
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Death in Service
- Sick Pay
We recruit, reward and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.