Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Production Technicians as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
- Start up, Operate, Monitor and Shut Down Process and Utilitysystems.
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize process parameters (Level, flow, temperature, pressure etc) within operating requirements.
- Ensure sampling is carried out and sample results are acted upon.
- Troubleshoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems.
- Maintain discharge water quality within current O&M Contractor or local guidelines.
- Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, and Fire and Gas Systems.
- Ensure accurate and timely production reporting and logging is submitted daily or as required by the company.
- Witness third-party calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
- Prove export oil meters.
- Work on O&M Contractor Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards, and PTW.
- Carry out all operations in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Reportall discharges,leaks,spills,injuries,and incidents,immediately.
- Ensure vendor and subcontract personnel within responsibility understand and comply with current environmental regulations.
- Carry out Emergency Response role
- Facilitate maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required.
- Operation under PTW system, Toolbox Talk, and Risk Assessments.
- Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment.
- Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations.
4) Interpersonal Skills & Suitability
- Control activities of vendor and subcontractor personnel.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships
- Create and maintain positive work culture.
- Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ Hydrocarbon Processing Level 2 or similar qualification level from the country of origin.
- 3 years of experience in hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
- Good knowledge of ESD F&G and DCS operation
- Good understanding of Permit to Work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards, and Risk Assessment.
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal Skills:
- Personal: Conscientious, safety-conscious. Capable of assertive and positive communications and actions.
- Teamwork: Makes effective and supportive team members. Positive action is taken to support the team. Good levels of written and spoken communication in the English language. A clear understanding of behavioral and personnel issues.
- Technical: Good standard of technical, and professional knowledge as defined by competencies. Good knowledge of hydrocarbon process and utility and control systems.
- IT: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.