Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Mechanical Technicians as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
1) Dismantle Repair and Reassemble Mechanical Equipment.
- Identify potential sources of hazard prior to dismantling.
- Use correct procedures and correct method of dismantling.
- Carry out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure.
- Identified, checked and prepared components.
- Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective
2) Use of Condition Monitoring on Mechanical Equipment.
- Adjust instruments to meet the operating specification
- Make adjustments with minimum disruption to any ongoing activities and minimum waste of resources.
- Monitor and record what has been carried out in the work history or log.
3) Diagnose faults in Mechanical Equipment.
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
- Select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically.
- Carry out Visual, Close and Detailed inspections on Mechanical equipment.
- Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take.
- Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
4) Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
- Unplanned discharges to the environment are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy, procedure and regulation.
- Relevant PPE is used to deal with unplanned discharges using company procedures
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure.
- Environmental protection and pollution control are enforced effectively with colleagues, subordinates and subcontractors.
5) Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- The work area within your own responsibility is kept clean and free of hazards.
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behaviours
- Alarms are raised as appropriate and/or acted upon using applied policies and procedures or initiative
- Colleagues and subcontractors are alerted ASAP of any hazards or potentially dangerous changing conditions.
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor.
6) Emergency Response
- Show competence during emergency response drills and training exercises.
- Perform emergency response role
- Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or local equivalent
- 3 yrs experience desired with offshore experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
- Good experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal Skills:
- Personal: Safety aware. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Positive.
- Leadership: Good levels of written and spoken communication.
- Technical: High standard of analytical, diagnostic technical and professional knowledge on rotating equipment, seals, bearings, pneumatic, electro-pneumatic,electro-hydraulic, and hydraulic systems.
- IT: Use standard Management System ‘Office’ package electronic mail system. Diagnostic software and equipment as required. Maintenance Management System packages.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.