SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
OFFSHORE INSTALLATION MANAGER (OIM)
As Offshore Installation Manager with SBM you are the authorized decision-maker on board with regard to the safe operation of the vessel.
You are ultimate responsible for the protection of the crew, of the asset itself and of the environment. You manage the operational delivery of the vessel in line with the requirements of the Management Systems in order to meet the performance targets in the contract.
1) In order to achieve a professional culture of safe and efficient operation, you are to:
- Ensure a safe system of work, personally authorizing all of the Permits of Work and visiting daily worksites
- Ensure that the crew are engaged, aware of what is going on around them and they remain aware of the risks involved
- Ensure work is properly planned and risk assessed and that changes are managed efficiently
- Lead by example, sense what is going on and deal quickly and effectively with issues of welfare and conflict
- Ensure that individuals, including contractors, are fulfilling competency requirement and are encouraged to develop solutions to issues
- Ensure that a persistent and aligned approach is adapted and maintained throughout by both Offshore Installation Managers
2) In order to achieve a trusted relationship with the client that works in SBM’s interest on a day-to-day basis, you are to:
- Act as the front-line custodian of the relationship with the client
- Document daily outputs and events and agree this with the On board Representative
- Understand the drivers of revenue, penalties and costs; and trade wisely accordingly
- Deal with issues onboard and only escalate issues where necessary
3) In order to deliver a controlled response to incidents, you are to:
- Direct the response to an incident from the control room
- Report incidents to onshore representatives in a timely manner
4) In order that we make well-informed management decisions that are based on accurate, timely and consistent information, you are to :
- Ensure that the Operations (Ops) Manager is up-to-date and aware of the implications of operational activities
- Work with the Operations (Ops) Manager and regional staff to find opportunities for improvement.
- Consider the justification and implications of requests for change and accordingly make recommendations
5) In order that we develop our collective capabilities, you are to :
- Ensure that the staff is given the opportunities needed to gain experience and the guidance needed to proactively develop their career.
- Ensure that all staff contributes to and learn from our collective experience using the lessons learned
- Marine qualified to Master Mariner / Chief Engineer unlimited as per STCW Reg. A II/2 and Reg. A. III/2 respectively.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as OIM onboard FPSO
- Holder of Management of Major Emergencies
- Holder of OIM Controlling Emergencies
Additional desired requirements :
- IMCA 891 preferable.
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Safety Management.
- High level of commercial awareness
Personal: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication
Leadership: Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication
in English language. Clear understanding of behavioural and logistical personnel issues. Capable of
motivating Head of Departments and Technicians. Flexible in applying different approaches to
changing work demands
On Offer :
Positions within SBM’s Fleet offer exposure to industry leading technologies, phenomenal opportunities for career progression and the chance to work alongside some of the industries top talent.
We offer excellent salaries, equal time rotations and comprehensive benefits packages including Bonus and Pension Schemes.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.