Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future GP Operators as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
1) Develop And Maintain Effective Working Relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and visitors to the working environment
- Establish and maintain effective communications with colleagues and supervisors
- Carry out accurate and effective work handovers
2) Conduct Slinging and Rigging Operations
- Check preparation of loads for lifting. (Load is secure and stable.)
- Use various lifting items (plate clamps, barrel lifters chain hoists etc).
- Perform bundling and slinging of simple and awkward loads
- Maintain slinging equipment(slings, hooks, webbing plate clamps, barrel lifters chain hoists etc)
3) Perform Effective Signalling/Communications
- Direct the movement and placing of loads using appropriate hand and radio communication techniques
- Rig, sling and position blind load using appropriate hand signals.
- Rig, sling and position blind load using radio communications
4) Perform Preparation And Cleaning Of Equipment For Maintenance Or Coating
- Prepare the site for abrasive blasting and clean surfaces using abrasive tools
- Paint or coat the worksite using correct colours, paints or protective coatings.
- Examine portable power and hand tools before and after use reporting any defects immediately
- Restore the worksite after cleaning and coating
5) Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Work area within your own responsibility is kept clean and free of hazards.
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behaviours
- Alarms are raised as appropriate and/or acted upon using applied policies and procedures or initiative
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor
- Record maintenance activities and report defects immediately and effectively
6) Monitor And Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Controlled process or utility discharges from the area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Unplanned discharges are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to Management System guidelines.
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are segregated properly and dealt with according to the correct procedure.
7) Perform Emergency Response Role
- Carry out Emergency Response role.
- Demonstrate competence during ER drills and exercises.
- Over 2 years of experience in a deck capacity in the offshore or shipping industries.
- STCW Reg AII/4 certification.
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal Skills:
- Personal: Conscientious. Safe. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Leadership: Good level of teamwork and safety behaviour. Sufficient ability in written and spoken communication in
English language to enable safe work handovers and emergency response.
- Technical: Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competencies.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.