Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Cargo Operators as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
1) Prepare for Start up, Monitor and Shutdown Cargo Operations
- Prepare to Start Marine and Cargo Operations
- Start up Marine and Cargo Operations
- Monitor and Maintain Marine and Cargo Operations
- Prepare and shutdown Marine and Cargo Operations
2) Isolate, Maintain and Reinstate Pumproom and Cargo Systems
- Operate under PTW and Isolation Certificates and conduct toolbox talks.
- Contribute to Tank Entry, Inspection and Maintenance Activities
- Test Isolations for integrity to company procedures
- Depressurise, drain and vent, de-gas, the plant or system as required according to procedures or operating guides
- Confirm that the working area is free of hazards as per Permit or procedure using appropriate tests, (gas/H2S Inert, Volts etc)
- Communicate effectively with team and CCR
- Perform maintenance activities within the limit of responsibility and training
- Perform De-isolation; testing and reinstatement of the plant are carried out according to the procedure.
3) Monitor And Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Ensure that controlled process discharges from the area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Ensure that unplanned discharges are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy, procedure and regulation.
- Deal with equipment, waste or other materials for disposal according to the correct procedure.
4) Perform Emergency Response Role
- Carry out Emergency Response role.
- Demonstrate competence during ER drills and exercises.
- 3 years experience as Pumpman on oil tankers (VLCC experience preferred)
- STCW Reg AII/4 certification.
- Good understanding of Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment and COSHH
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal Skills:
- Personal: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Leadership: Good safety attitude. Positive attitude to teamwork. Good levels of written and spoken communication in the English language.
- Technical: Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competencies.
- IT: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.