US, Rossville | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 8945
Renewable Energy is your passion? You are looking for a new challenge in which you can influence strategy and development of a company? Are you an experienced wind technician when it comes to working with troubleshooting turbines and working with main components? We would love to have you join our team across North America, to travel to our job sites, and to grow and train with the best in the wind industry.
SBU AME/Repair Services
The Repair Services department is part of the greater operations department developing service sites with Multi Brand technicians and field support personnel. The department is responsible to provide Vestas trained and qualified Multi Brand technicians. This group is a key activity within the company because execution of Multi Brand projects and service plans is dependent on the ability to move resources where they are needed on schedule.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and hydraulic component maintenance and repair
- Lead and perform component retrofits and upgrades and experience calling cranes
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections
- Perform main component replacements such as gearboxes, main bearings, generators, transformers and blades
- Track time, tooling, parts, daily logs and all Vestas assets accurately on a daily basis.
- Act responsibly and professionally whether on and off site
- Complete daily job tasks while strictly adhering to Vestas’ Quality, Safety and Environmental standards
- High school diploma or equivalent and Post high school education (ie wind school, trade school, college) preferred – also a minimum two (2) year wind industry experience – electrical experience, including ability to read electrical drawings
- Multiple Wind Turbine platform expérience a plus
- Authorized to work in the US and possess Valid Driver’s License in good standing
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence, good interpersonal and customer relation skills, and basic computer skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Willingness to embrace and promote Vestas’ commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight, and the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training
- Periodic walking, ability to hear and use close range radios, and having strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is requiring up to 90% travel per year throughout the Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio Region.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.