CLOSING DATE 22 NOVEMBER 2023
As Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for safely
and accurately assembling and testing new K-Winch Products, consisting
of any Wireline winches and wireline masts along with all accessories
used along with this equipment. Ability to use hand tools safely
including tube bending equipment. You will support and improve assembly
of NOV ISE products through specific techniques as well as innovative
idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving. You will
support and assist your colleagues where required and report any health
and safety improvements and infringements, stopping any operations you
deem to be unsafe immediately reporting these to your Cell leader or
line manager. You will follow all risk assessments and participate in
all safety initiatives. It is essential that the quality of your work is
to the highest standard, it is expected to be right first time on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering
drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written
instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and
- Manufacture hydraulic systems as per designs/procedures, ensuring the cleanliness of hydraulic systems is always maintained.
- Monitor and control materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
- Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality.
- Maintain a safe, organised, clean and tidy work area following 5S and LEAN Principles.
- Support initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery.
- Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Attend daily team brief meetings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Cell Leader.
- Be prepared to work a reasonable amount of overtime, as required to suit the operational demands of the business.
- Ensure product quality meets the required NOV standard whilst maintaining the required level of output.
- Report any issues using the engineering support system to make improvements to current designs.
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Work safely and report any safety concerns that are observed immediately to your Cell leader or Manager.
- Adheres to inspection/fat criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by your line Manager.
- Time served apprenticeship (essential)
- NC in a relevant subject (essential)
- Higher education in a relevant subject (desirable)
- Have a background in a mechanical based profession (essential)
- Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment (desirable)
SKILLS, TRAINING & SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools (essential)
- Forklift and overhead crane certificates (desirable)
day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of
experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
region in the world and across every area of drilling and production,
our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced
equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the
We are a global family of thousands of
individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for
ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation,
product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the
industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’
needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on
time and on budget.
About the Team
Completion & Production Solutions
NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention
service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities
around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment,
composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea
production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater
certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.