MSELECT is hiring a Mechanical Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
- All company Sites
- Maintenance Manager
This position is a ‘hands-on’ site supervisory role, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager is responsible for all planned,
corrective, and campaign mechanical stationary maintenance activities. Purpose is to plan, direct and execute maintenance activities
and related project work. The position involves leading a team of skilled technicians, including mechanical, stationary disciplines and
managing interfaces with operations, engineering, to ensure that plant integrity and safe operations are maintained.
- Direct all mechanical and stationary maintenance activities at sites
- Lead a team of skilled technicians.
- Conversant with power generation, gas turbines, centrifugal/reciprocating compressors.
- Lead ad-hoc teams of contract and vendor technicians for construction and maintenance work as required.
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaise closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change and cost control.
- Ensure that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits-to Work, Task Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks).
- Ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system, providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring, training, and appraising maintenance personnel.
- Participate in Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue).
- Educated in a related Maintenance discipline with 10 years experience.
- Discipline training to ‘skilled’ level in a relevant maintenance engineering function (Mechanical, Pipefitter).
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems (such as Maximo) and Integrity (risk based) maintenance procedures.
- Experience of working with various types of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, and power generation packages.
- Fully experienced in working with safety management systems and a basic understanding of local safety management legislation.
- In-depth understanding of oil and gas production equipment and processes.
Personal Qualities & Behavior
- Able to communicate very well in both verbal and written English and demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Able to take swift and sound decisions in case of emergencies in order to assure that the safety of personnel is not jeopardized.
- Team leadership skills and well-developed interpersonal skills are essential.
- Good communication skills across a wide range of internal and external parties essential.
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills required.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process