We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, UK.
Stonehouse Technology Centre (SHTC) is the SLB drilling Centre of Excellence. It supports SLB through innovative engineering and quality-driven manufacturing, with portfolio emphasis on rotary steerable systems, Measurement While Drilling tools, Specialised Measurement tools and Rechargeable Batteries for Downhole use, and power source products.
Over 300 employees work in SHTC's modern, fit-for-purpose building in scenic Gloucestershire. The facility was constructed to handle future demand for PowerDrive tools with an efficient workflow that ensures assembled tools are extensively and rigorously tested before delivery. On site, tools can be monitored using state of-the-art hardware and connectivity that link SHTC to all field locations.
SHTC continues Research & Development investment for new technologies, extending operational limits so that clients can reach hotter, deeper reserves.
The Process/Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for managing the manufacturability of products. The Process/Manufacturing Engineer establishes reliable, stable and lean manufacturing processes. This person serves as key interface between Engineering and Manufacturing, and provides expertise in areas such as machining, process planning (Lean), electronic and mechanical assembly, test procedures and select special processes such as coatings, casting, additive manufacture, welding, injection moulding etc.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct the engineering team on manufacturability concepts and materials during the design phase to define and eliminate manufacturing risks and ensure the manufacturability of new designs during new and rapid response product development.
- Provide manufacturing expertise on drawings to help ensure consistency between component requirements and manufacturing capability.
- Design processes using Lean concepts, such as standardized work instructions, line balancing, layout and work sequence optimization, training development matrix, value stream mapping, Kaizen/5S workouts, pull processes, total preventive maintenance, cell design and quick changeover and batch-size optimization.
- Identify manufacturing risks on new products and minimize or eliminate them using Lean and Six Sigma concepts and tools.
- Be responsible, with Manufacturing Manager/Engineer, for manufacturing sign-off .
- Maintain Design for Manufacturability responsibility while managing the transition of new products to the appropriate Integration or Production Center for ENP and pilot series builds.
- Incorporate shop floor and supplier manufacturability issues into future products.
- Manage manufacturability issues to ensure that established product quality and product yield levels are met at the start of production.
- Help investigate, analyze root cause and implement corrective action for product quality and product yield issues during product launch.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering (or similar) or vocational equivalent. Ideally, qualification(s) would be complemented with practical manufacturing experience.
Experience and exposure:
- Manufacturability of parts
- Design including GD&T
- Production Assembly
- Design for HSE
- Lean & Six Sigma
- Demand Planning
- Production Workflow
- Production Test
- Manufacturing Resource Planning System
- Competent working with business systems such as MRP, DMS etc.
- Confident user of Office software
SLB Eureka Technical Careers (SETC) is an established and unique program that recognizes and supports our exceptional technical experts to grow and develop. This program is well known in the industry as the backbone of our technical strength and recognizes the development and commitment of our strong technical experts and technical leaders in support of our corporate strategy. The SETC program formalizes the recognition of your technical expertise, highlights the impact of your technical solutions in our business, and sets the framework to nurture knowledge sharing inside and outside SLB.
BlueFlex (if eligible):
We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
What we can offer you:
Competitive base salary with bonus, private healthcare for employee & family, subsidised dental care, Health & Wellbeing programs such as the Employee Mental health support, health & wellness coaching, part employer and employee funded pension contribution, Income protection scheme, life insurance.
Other benefits are also available through the SLB flexible benefits program.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.