Job Description Mechanical Fitter with Stork:
To support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
Responsible for plant and equipment maintenance in accordance with procedures. The Mechanical Fitter will be predominantly onshore based, however there will be ad-hoc offshore trips as required to support the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Mechanical Fitter:
Servicing, Maintenance & Testing
- Carry out the operation, Inspection, maintenance, service repair & modifications to all company assets either at our bases or client locations on or offshore.
- Equipment maintenance carried out in accordance with company standards/procedures and manufacturers guidelines.
- Assist with any 3rd Party vendor release Inspections.
- Assist with PUWER & LOLER compliance and ensuring that all is in accordance to applicable legislation.
- Identify & carry out any recertification needs of equipment prior to mobilisation to enable it to last term of contract or to comply with applicable legislation.
- To carry out any repairs to damaged steel work and prepping and painting of any equipment that needs tidied up to keep the appearance standard high.
At Stork, Safety is our first Core Value and we believe that safety is a team effort.Safer Together is employee owned. It is how we think, communicate and act at Stork.
As a member of the Stork team, there are expectations of you within your role:
- Be aware of, and understand your HSEQ responsibilities relevant to your role, if unsure ask your Line Manager
- Work in partnership with HSEQ on any HSEQ matters
- Work in accordance with your departmental HSEQ Service Level Agreement
- Understand and adhere to the Safer Together
- Develop others skills and experience.
- Assist with the compilation of check sheets, to facilitate stores manifesting.
- Assist with ensuring that accurate inspection records are maintained.
- Assist with the compilation of certification packs including operator’s instructions, and ensuring that all are valid.
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for the Mechanical Fitter :
- Higher education or experience commensurate with the role and have demonstrated an appropriate level of technical competence.
- PUWER & LOLER
- COSHH & Manual Handling
- Task Risk Assessment
- Environmental Awareness
- Product Specific Training
- ATEX Training
- BOSIET with CA EBS
- Offshore medical
- Experience within a similar role
- Good Communication Skills
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the offshore industry.
- Must have good problem solving skills and be able to work under pressure
- Previous experience in a similar role in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of range of services Stork does and can provide to the client.
- Offshore travel as required
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life assurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; Safer together Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
Are you the person we're looking for? We're looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter. For more information please contact the Recruiter on Careers@stork.com.