We are SLB, driving energy innovation for a balanced plant. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle and other energy sectors, in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transform how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industries in which we work by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We are looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to take on a role within the full lifecycle of product development from concept design to delivery at all levels. Working as part of a fast-paced Engineering team based in Aberdeen. The Design Engineer will take on the following tasks to Design, Develop and Qualify Subsea Life of Field Equipment.
- Use creative design techniques to efficiently develop novel solutions to problems.
- Participate in the full design process from initial concept generation to product commercialization
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of equipment, requirements and specifications.
- Undertake checking of drawings and BOMs of work performed by peers to ensure adherence to contractual requirements as well as specified standards.
- Perform/check pressure vessel and structural lifting calculations using classical and/or finite element analysis.
- Create and maintain product documentation including requirements, specifications, design, test procedures and results.
- Proactively maintain schedules, deadlines, and risk registers.
- Provide support to other departments, working alongside Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Sales.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all applicable company policies, including Quality Systems and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Masters preferred).
- Working knowledge of subsea production systems.
- Good working knowledge of design for manufacture and assembly.
- Capable user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience of Inventor 3D, AutoCAD 2D, Mathcad, Ansys
- Experience in the technical design and development of subsea oil and gas products including pressure vessel and structural analysis (API 6A, API 17D, API 17H ASME VIII, DNVGL-ST-E273).
Experience in the design and development of retrievable subsea equipment and/or chokes
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.