CLOSING DATE 27 NOVEMBER 2023
NOV Aberdeen is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. In this role
you will utilize your technical knowledge and professional experience
to contribute to the delivery of industrial solutions within the
Aberdeen (Portlethen) Borehole Enlargement Engineering team to provide
Mechanical Engineering support for a specialised Downhole Tools. The
role will include Mechanical Engineering support involving product line
sustaining duties along with mechanical design of new component parts
and assemblies and workshop testing of BHE tools.
The NOV ReedHycalog BHE product line is a long established,
class-leading technology operating with a Global footprint. You will
have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals
developing specialist tools for the energy market.
As a minimum applicants are welcomed with a relevant
educational background and ideally with a supporting college background
in Mechanical engineering. Candidates with commercial Mechanical / Design experience would also be considered for this role.
Some Solidworks experience would be preferred but not essential. Any
3D design background would be an advantage. Knowledge of FEA and CFD
modelling techniques will also be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm and diligence
with a willingness to learn and adapt as necessary. Attention to fine
detail whilst striving for continuous personnel improvement is a key
requirement in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONISIBILITIES:
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop
customized, forward-looking customer-centric solutions within the
ReedHycalog BHE Engineering group. This will include Sustaining
Engineering of existing and the development of new product line designs
- Coordinating design and development programmes in accordance with all relevant Company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Product sustaining, design and development activities including
initial design drawings, calculations, material selection and
- Organise and actively participate in regular design reviews
- Ensure correct and thorough maintenance of project documentation
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Coordinating the prototype manufacture of new design components,
including liaising with NOV manufacturing and 3rd party suppliers
- Development and participation in workshop and field tool test
plans, overviewing test programmes and compiling test reports and
- Provide basic Engineering Support for Operations and Manufacturing
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- All specialised training will be given to perform job functions.
- 3D CAD / Solidworks
- NOV internal Systems
- Microsoft office applications
day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of
experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
region in the world and across every area of drilling and production,
our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced
equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the
We are a global family of thousands of
individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for
ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation,
product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the
industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’
needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on
time and on budget.
About the Team
NOV Wellbore Technologies, we enhance drilling performance at the rig,
both on land and offshore. We understand the complete process and
anticipate what our customers need to be successful.