Mechanical Construction and Commissioning Lead
MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical Construction and Commissioning Lead for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years experience in professional involvement in the full spectrum of EPC, EPCC Project and specialized in project development, project management, operations, planning, engineering, procurement, construction, installation, maintenance, per-commissioning and commissioning for major international and local clients, Kurdistan experience is must with fluency in English.
The candidite will report to the Operations / Project Manager, focusing on multiple asset developments and operations. The role is Field and Erbil office based, with required travel and work in other countries and work some periods in various KRI assets.
Key Accountabilities: Operating within company core values and HSE ethics. Interface closely with the engineering teams of company. Asset Partners, Engineering firms and EPF contractor. An active engagement with all parties is required to achieve a successful transition from Site Construction and Commissioning to start-up of the wells and EPF. Work closely with the company Field Managers, EPF Contractor and Site teams to obtain Mechanical Completion & Acceptance, progress to Commissioning and eventually the introduction of Hydrocarbons and start-up of wells and EPF.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be familiar with work within the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and have experience working within a multicultural, challenging environment. Possessing at least 10 years and above professional involvement in the full spectrum of EPC, EPCC Project and specialized in project development, project management, operations, planning, engineering, procurement, construction, installation, maintenance, pre-commissioning and commissioning for major international and local organizations from owner, EPCIC contractor, PMC, Management Contractor, sub-con, engineering consultant and vendor in upstream, midstream (incl. Tank farm) and downstream projects in a range of sectors including Oil & Gas Greenfield and Brownfield across harsh environment in various geographic of worldwide.
- Working in a high sour oil and gas environment and understanding the specific HSE precautions required.
- Defining and writing SOW, Technical Evaluations and participate in ITT process for new contracts.
- Sensitivity to supervising and working with personnel with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
- Safety leadership of contractors to achieve best in class safety performance in the field. Convene or participate in Risk Assessments as necessary.
- Leadership and supervision of Flow line, Piping and Static Equipment related Assurance activities in accordance with the Construction Assurance Plan, supporting procedures, assurance schedules and project contract requirements.
- Assist Company Assurance Manager & Project Engineers as required in the management of the overall Assurance & Readiness program.
- Strive to be aware of the cost and schedule implications of decisions, and raise any Technical Queries as required with the Project Engineering Team.
Monitor both company and EPC Contractor progress and quality and confirm they are acceptable. If progress and/or quality is not acceptable, inform and work with Contractor and Company Management to improve performance to an acceptable level and other responsibilities.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process