Materials Engineer, Trainee -ToB
PT, Porto | Student / Trainee / Apprentice | Full-Time | ID: 9603
Are you interested in working in an International Enviroment? Do you want to build your career in Materials? Then keep reading, this could be the next step on your career.
Design Centre Porto
The Blade Materials team within Blades Engineering is responsible for the specification and qualification of blade materials within the blade Bill of Materials (BoM). We promote technological developments within these areas to deliver the most innovative blade products in the market.
- Understanding and specifying material requirements to meet design and commercial needs
- Development of innovative material solutions, internally and with suppliers, to improve blade performance, reliability and cost
- Qualification and approval of materials systems for blade projects
- Material characterization and analysis of data, including running trials in production environment
- Representing Blades in Material Sourcing Teams
- Work with our Engineering change management system, to ensure material changes are managed effectively
- Work with the Vestas Material Database to ensure high-quality material data
- Supporting the Blades production units globally
- Knowledge of composite materials and its specification, including test methods and analysis techniques
- Engineering or Material Science degree (BSc, BEng, MSc, MEng)
- Experience working as a Material Scientist, including with composite materials, desirable
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Green Belt trained desirable
- Commercial experience, especially working with suppliers, desirable
- Lab experience desirable
- Enthusiastic team player who transmits energy and enthusiasm
- Experience delivering to projects
- Advanced level in English both in speech and in writing
- Team player that is able to guide and present their opinions
- Enthusiastic and engaged, willing to go the extra mile
- Good communication with Operators & Engineers
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.