Maintenance Section Head
MSELECT is looking for a Maintenance Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in a similar operation, with 3 years as Team Leader. Fluency in English is a must.
The job holder will direct, lead, manage and co-ordinate the team of Maintenance staff to ensure all Production Operations and Maintenance functions are carried out safely and efficiently in line with the overall Production functional objectives and asset plans.
Utilize best business practice to provide maintenance, managerial and engineering support to facilitate and enable the facilities and resources being used to optimum effect, safely and effectively, in meeting the company's business needs.
The job holder will become involved to lead the setup of Maintenance Strategy and other systems during the project phase inclusive or CMMS Development and Build
- Works as Maintenance Team Leader to develop and implement long range team goals and to build good working relationships with the other departments.
- Manage the operation of the CPF systems at department level through supervisors and subordinate staff.
- Prepare the repair procedures and all documentation is completed and running appropriately.
- Provide input to detail design studies, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, mechanical handling studies, operation and maintenance procedure development.
- Ensures daily maintenance activities comply with safety and environmental regulations.
- Communicates and provides information on schedules, daily work activities to management to help in the development of production forecasts.
- Provide input into annual operating budgets.
- Responsible for the review, development and improvement of maintenance procedures include the review of these procedures and ensuring the understanding of the procedures within Maintenance workforce.
- Ensures Process is being followed for repairs and replacement of equipment.
- Instruction the group members in the aspects of teamwork, such as how the group is to function, and workflows.
- Enforces all policies and procedures, leads by example.
- Audits safety rules and procedures to ensure they are being followed. Complies with company’s FORC program
- Ensures the daily and weekly maintenance schedules and plans are being developed appropriately and are communicated throughout the organizations. Ensure parts are being staged ahead of time for the upcoming work. The Mechanical Supervisor attends the daily and weekly schedule meetings in the field.
- Ensures that the Mechanical group backlog is up to date and current.
- Audits repair sheets and ensures they are being filled out properly
- Audits daily schedule progress updates in the daily schedule meeting.
- Emergency Response - Demonstrate through exercises and scenarios, knowledge and awareness of emergency response techniques. Assume Emergency response duties.
- Contract - Maintain effective cost control and promote cost awareness in others.
- Manage parts control, inventories storage record keeping, shipping and receiving by use of CMMS system.
Key Performance Indicators/Areas
- Actual vs. budget estimates within 15% variation
- Timely execution of yearly maintenance plans
- Meeting agreed maintenance targets
- CMMS development and build implementation
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Projects, Asset, HSSE, Production, Commercial / Contracts, HR, technology department
- Third Party Contractors, License Partners, BOC, Classification Society
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Technical trade or engineering Diploma in either Mechanical, Instrument, or Electrical disciplines.
- Minimum 12+ years’ experience in a similar operation 3 years as Team Leader role, Oil/Gas facilities and Foreign Environment, Mechanical facilities maintenance knowledge, Excellent people management skills,
- CMMS Development and Maintenance Planning
- COMP ex E’x’ Courses Knowledge
- Electrical Systems Knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of PTW, Isolation Standards, Risk Assessment and Man Management.
- Vendor and Sub Contractor Management expertise.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in influencing and teamwork
- Production Manager
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.