SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT – SBM FLEET
As Maintenance Superintendent on board one of our operational vessels you drive forward the maintenance activity required to minimize risk. You recognize the inherent commercial tension with production and strive to make a positive commercial impact. You ensure that the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) and Operations (Ops) Manager have all the information required to make safe and commercially sound decisions.
In order that the installation is well maintained, YOU ARE TO :
- Make sure that maintenance of Safety Critical Equipment is executed and deviations (if any) are reported and risk assessed
- Make sure the planning of maintenance activities and the scope of work of each activity are well described and continuously reviewed and updated.
- Ensure that activities are properly prepared and expedited relentlessly in order to get the job done
In order to manage risks, YOU ARE TO :
- Ensure that maintenance activities are carried out according to the Management System
- Ensure that our "clear and checkable records" are accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Actively participate in task risk assessments and daily inspect worksites under your responsibility
- The measure of your effectiveness in this will be:
To have a positive impact on the SBM company commercial results, YOU ARE TO :
- Ensure that the commercial impacts of maintenance activities are understood
- Provide input for Maintenance and spare budget preparation and control.
- Challenge others to seek innovative solutions.
- Ensure that stock levels are justified and that this assessment is regularly reviewed.
- Ensure that the impact on the lifetime value of the asset is considered.
- Manage vendors assertively to get maximum value.
To achieve an alert and well-motivated maintenance culture, YOU ARE TO :
- Encourage others to step outside their comfort zone and continue to apply the same well-motivated maintenance culture
- Does not avoid addressing performance issues of others
- Make sure that a persistent and aligned approach is adapted and maintained throughout by all Maintenance Superintendents
Trusted external relationships reduces avoidable work, to achieve this YOU ARE TO :
- Adopt honest and open conversations with specialists
- Build trusted relationships with Flag and Class representatives to ensure smooth handling and processing of any item submitted to them for approval
In order that we make well-informed Management decisions that are based on accurate, timely and consistent information, YOU ARE TO:
- Work with the Regional Maintenance Manager to ensure efficiency at regional level
- Brief and feedback to the Maintenance Coordinator to ensure high levels of support
- Escalate issues to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) / Operations (OPS) Manager as required with clear well-informed recommendations
In order to develop our collective capabilities, YOU ARE TO :
- Ensure that the staff is given the opportunity needed to gain experience and the guidance to proactively develop their career.
- Ensure that all staff contributes to and learns from our collective experience using the lessons learned process.
- Held Maintenance Superintendent position onboard FPSO’s for a minimum of 3 years.
- Hold STCW Reg II/2 Chief Engineer Certificate
Positions within SBM’s Fleet offer exposure to industry leading technologies, phenomenal opportunities for career progression and the chance to work alongside some of the industries top talent.
We offer excellent salaries, equal time rotations and comprehensive benefits packages including Bonus and Pension Schemes
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.