LIFTING SUPERVISOR - LOGISTICS – DIRECT HIRE CONTRACT – KAZAKHSTAN
Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas contractor, is looking for a Lifting Supervisor to work on a project based in Kazakhstan.
- Must have previous experience as a Lifting Supervisor with logistics experience.
- Recognized qualifications in Lifting, Hoisting and Special equipment operations, auditing to standards qualification required
- Qualified instructor in Rigging & Lifting and Safe Crane Operations
- Degree/diploma in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in HSE + 5 Major site experience including lifting and hoisting operations
- Able to write procedures relevant to his area of responsibilities
- Republic of Kazakhstan Blue Book qualification
- Ability to carry out remedial training that may be required in Lifting and Hoisting
- Able to give presentations to management on safe lifting and hoisting operations
- Good personal, supervisory, written and presentational skills
- Team Working capabilities
- High level of self motivation
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas HSE management principles and their application in Company
- Working knowledge of all relevant regulations, procedures and instructions.
- The ability to communicate effectively and to work under minimum supervision.
- The ability to take on a pro-active role as part of a key project team member.
- Computer skills required are as follows: Microsoft Word – skill, Microsoft Excel – skill, Microsoft PowerPoint – knowledge, E-mail and Internet – skill.
Responsible for the field supervision of the Logistical aspects of Directorate Projects such as but not limited to the movement, delivery, transportation, storage of heavy equipment, cargoes, trailers, specialized equipment, mobile lifting equipment to/from site areas to laydowns, staging areas, ports and vice versa onshore and/ or offshore; ensuring safe work execution as per Project timeline and as per Company standards & industry best practices.
Responsible for the ensuring the process are completed accordingly for assuring lifting plans are in reviewed, approved and available at work sites as per Company procedures and standards.
Site Logistics Vehicle Inspection and Coordination
- Administer, assign and supervise HSE duties to subordinates to deliver HSE related tasks for Logistics operations in Samal in relation to vehicle inspections (Cranes and Specialised vehicles). This includes timely formulation and issuing inspection reports and organising and agreeing remedial actions with the contractors involved as well as to ensure follow up and timely close out.
- Implement inspection of specialised industrial vehicles (Vacuum Trucks, Fuel Trucks, Dangerous Goods vehicles, Man lifts, Road Maintenance, Snow cleaning devices etc.) on site including access into OPF. The inspection of the special equipment, DGV and Cranes include those belonging to Company or Contractor as per defined schedule and procedures including those requiring access into SPZ/OPF to ensure that they are fit and safe for Company’s use.
- Coordinate full implementation and compliance to vehicle access control requirements between the various Companies’ departments working on site.
- Execute the role of HSE expertise when assigned as a member of incident investigation team member to ensure alignment with Company’s Incident Investigation & Reporting Procedure.
- Coach subordinate and contractor HSE personnel in effective management and maintaining vehicle fitness and achieving safe lifting and hoisting operations
Lifting & Hoisting Operations and Assurance
- Review and Approve on Lifting Plans where Logistics is responsible for in the designated Samal responsible areas. This also providing coaching to contractors on quality of Lifting Plans produced.
- Assure that Lifting, Hoisting and Special equipment and tools are audited and validated according to Republic of Kazakhstan legislation, Company standards or approved contractor standards, whichever most are demanding, in order to verify the safe working conditions at the various locations where work is carried out for the project.
- Lear or Assign or Coordinate base on risk on HSE assurance activities such as audits, reviews and inspections of selected key contractors in Samal against Company’s HSE procedures or plans and against RoK (HSE) requirements in relation to Lifting and Hoisting activities including coordination of such activities with other departments working on site.
- Maintain and monitor Logistics and contractors HSE performance in relation to actions arising from assurance activities, inspections and investigation reports
- Coordinate liaison with Company PRC Department to ensure Compliance to RoK requirements and when needed, interfacing with Republic of Kazakhstan Regulatory Agencies as required.
- Responsible to manage with line on Marine and Aviation Logistics HSE issues
- Develop and coordinate implementation of Logistics HSE Plan
- Perform & track HSE management for Logistics Contracts
Rate: US$ negotiable per worked day net of Kazakh tax
Duration: 1 year renewable contract
Status: Single status Residential basis working 5 days a week, 8 hours per day.
Benefits: Client pays medical insurance/medical evacuation, Accommodation (single status standard). 32 work days of annual leave (unpaid) and 2 paid home leave return flights per residential assignment year.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification.