Lead Piping Engineer
Job Title: Lead Piping Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Section Head
Department: Surface Facilities
Section: Engineering Section
The Job Objective is to:
Receive and act on general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Engineering Section Head.
• Act as the technical authority and focal point for engineering issues related to piping engineering.
• On behalf of company take the responsibility for piping engineering throughout the engineering, procurement, construction installation and commissioning stages of the Surface Facilities Projects.
• Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
• To follow and raise purchase requisition for bulk materials including piping, fitting valves, cables.
• Receive and act on work arrangement in conjunction with the Engineering Section Head assigned
• Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
• Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of
• Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
• Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
• Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
• Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering section head.
• Attend all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management
team and Contractor as necessary.
• Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
• Quality control of the piping engineering.
• Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
• Analyze and/or review the piping discipline progress reports against the schedule and inform of any
• Participate in the technical workshop and technical review meeting with Contractors and BOC.
• Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are
• Provide piping discipline progress report and contractor’s performance to engineering section head
• Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
• Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
• Work at site under company standard security policy.
• Provide and review piping stress studies and design solutions for new and existing facilities.
• Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D model, Plot plan, Structure design and Pipeline design coordination with relevant departments engineers.
• Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical meetings; carrying out site visits.
• Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy
and safe work environment.
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Frequent contacts with Section Head(s) and other Engineer(s).
• Frequent contacts with other Departments.
• Frequent contacts with Piping Discipline Leaders of Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
• Frequent visit to site to support site construction and production.
• Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.
• Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical / Chemical Engineering and Technology.
• Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
• Working in tough situation.
• Minimum of 10 years in‐depth piping engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities.
• Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.
• Extensive familiarity with the applicable standards such as API, ASME,etc.
• Extensive familiarity with the stress analysis software.
• Proven ability to perform in a lead piping capacity, possess good written and oral communications and
presentation skills, and have a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
• High general piping engineering skills; hands on knowledge of key discipline tools.
• Ability to analyze problems and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
• Good team player, effective communicator and able to work independently.
• Ability to steer and oversee contractors’ contributions.
• Good insights in metallic and non‐metallic material behaviors.
• Ability to support and troubleshoot operations.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process