Lead Engineer Integrator
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 9586
Would it motivate you to have a direct impact on how well turbines perform? Do you want to make sure that Vestas is a frontrunner within software releases?
We are looking for a new Lead Engineer to Release Management. Join us and support us to solve one of the most important global issues of our time – ensuring a more sustainable future.
Power Solutions > Turbine Solutions > Release Management
The department integrates and tests software from 250 developers and delivers the turbine software for all Vestas' turbines including Safety Software, Control Software, and Functional Safety at the turbine level. We test both in the PC environment and on simulated turbine hardware. We are continuously regression testing our turbine software, and always strive to improve and use innovative testing software and infrastructure. The department consists of 8 employees and currently 3 consultants. We are an experienced team with an average of 10+ years in Vestas. The tone is informal, and there´s room for social conversations in the team.
Release management is part of the Control Infrastructure organisation, which has departments in Chennai, Porto, and Denmark delivering the turbine infrastructure including SW, Electronics, Cables, Sensors, Cabinets, and Power supplies. We have a focus on continuous improvements and always seek to optimise the way we work.
As Integrator in Release management, your main responsibility will include:
- Merge software from developers into our master stream and ensure we have a stable software stream for turbine releases
- Close collaboration with the software developers in DK, Porto and Chennai
- Monitor the software building system, and investigate when builds are failing
- Revert software deliveries if bugs are detected
- Remote upload software to our test turbines across Europe
- Assist technical support worldwide
- Support our developers regarding build system questions
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Configuration Management
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Python is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Ability to communicate with many stakeholders in a big organisation
- Preferable an education within the software, but not a requirement
- Hardware understanding is an advantage, but not a requirement
- You are actively participating in meetings and not afraid to take decisions
- You enjoy interacting with many different people from different cultures
- You have the stamina and the mindset to promote changes
- You deliver what you promise
- You enjoy controlling several tasks at the same time
What we offer
We offer a challenging workplace with good professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
The department places a high focus on a relaxed working environment where professional skills can be developed and enhanced. We care about our employees and have a focus on creating a sustainable balance between Vestas employees and consultants to ensure that we can keep the core knowledge build-up by the employees.
Work location: Aarhus, Denmark
For additional information on the position, please contact Manager, Dennis H. Jensen at +45 2060 5953.
Application deadline: 30th of August 2020.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.