Lead Engineer - Controls Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are developed, matured, tested and improved. To put it short, we in Vestas Power Solutions are the cornerstone of Vestas - we are shaping the future of modern products.
IN, Chennai | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 9736
Lead Engineer - Controls
Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are developed, matured, tested and improved. To put it short, we in Vestas Power Solutions are the cornerstone of Vestas - we are shaping the future of modern products.
Design Centre, Chennai, DC Turbine Solutions, DC LaC - Product Improvements
Control Engineering is responsible for delivering optimized and reliable control solutions for our Wind Turbines. This includes the real-time communication backbone that ties all the distributed control nodes together, the real time operating system of the control nodes and the high-level functionality that control all operation in the turbine.
We are a team of around 200+ engineers spread between Denmark, Portugal & India working in a highly innovative technology-centric and process driven environment.
- Working with Functional Leads on the Control Solutions for Turbines
- Understanding, Implementing & Testing the change in line with guidelines
- Participate in Implementation & Functional Reviews
- Perform the RCA on field issues & provide the solutions
- Provide the solution for turbine improvements on non-standard product requests, Service solutions
- Lead projects by scoping, delegating the task to team, performing field test and deliver solution with all relevant technical specification documents created to sales team.
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Electrical OR electro-mechanical, instrumentation & controls engineering with controls system background
- 7-10 years of Working experience in Simulation/Modelling tools as MATLAB SIMULINK
- Strong Competence on Mathematical modelling of Electro-Mechanical, Hydraulic Systems
- Working knowledge on Control Design and Control Tuning using Model Based Control approach
- Strong in Control Theory
- Programming knowledge in C++, SQL
- Control System Modelling, Controller Design, Controller Tuning & Controller Verification
- Good knowledge in Power generation concepts.
- Knowledge in Aero Dynamics
- Preference will be given for candidate with experience in Wind Turbine Controls
What We Offer
We offer Lead Control Engineer position who will work with best talents in Control engineering field on design new product for wind turbine, solving failure & performance issues from field.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 23rd Aug '2020
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.