Professional | Full-Time | Engineering
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are developed, matured, tested, and improved. To put in short, Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas - we are shaping the future of modern energy.
By encouraging a culture based on accountability, we give employees the chance to create meaningful, real-world impact through their work. We also cultivate employee performance and growth by providing an inclusive, motivating environment with collaboration at its core.
Are you an Electrical Engineer with an aptitude for Technical Sales and Project Management and are looking for a new opportunity to make a real impact? Then look no further than the global leader in sustainable energy solutions!
Vestas Wind Systems > Power Solutions > VPS Region NCE > Technical Sales Management
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team as an Electrical Engineer. In this role, you will have the chance to power the solution for a more sustainable future and contribute to build the world's most efficient wind energy projects.
You will be part of the Power Plant Solutions Onshore team for Northern and Central Europe (NCE) with a special focus on Wind Energy projects within the UK and Ireland as part of the North and West team.
Our North and West team is a progressive, highly experienced, and motivating team in the heart of the action of the wind industry. This team forms part of Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) which is the extended arm of our global product management organization which links our sales business unit and our customer needs. To ensure we maintain Vestas at the forefront of the Wind Industry we practice effective customer engagement, structured product strategy, and world leading R&D.
The Electrical Engineer's tasks are to support our customers to design and build highly advanced and compliant wind power plants and track the changes on electrical grid requirements within the region. You will work as part of our wider NCE Technical Sales Management team that is strategically spread throughout the UK, Ireland, Northern and Central Europe covering some of the most exciting markets in onshore wind.
The Electrical Engineer role is a highly diversified role that requires solid technical expertise, operational engagement and a comprehensive sales/commercial mindset. As Electrical Engineer your responsibilities are
- Be accountable for the full Vestas electrical solution including providing timely responses to customer enquiries and RFQs, turbine selection, preparation of tenders and risk assess contractual commitments on power plant grid integration
- To network and build relationships with the key technical stakeholders in your customers' organization and promote their requirements inside Vestas
- Contribute in technical negotiations and contract preparation as an active member of the overall Vestas commercial sales function
- Collect relevant electrical data and customer/site/grid requirements for project grid integration studies and request studies for Engineering Pre-Design (EPD). Review EPD reports and evaluate for external use while supporting customers to optimize projects
- Taking accountability beyond the initial Sales phase, you technically support the Construction and commissioning phase, prepare grid compliance test protocols (plans and procedures), and support during test execution
- You will be engaged in keeping track regional legislation (e.g. Grid Code) and participate in working groups where you are required to define the set of market requirements
- You will be part of shaping the future of the Vestas product portfolio by defining market requirement and customer needs and be the link between the local sales organization and Vestas Power Solutions for regional technical matters within Product Management R&D
- An Engineering degree (MEng/ BEng/ MSc or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or similar
- Relevant Electrical Engineering experience of at least 3 years
- Relevant qualifications within in wind energy/ industrial power plant environment would be beneficial but not essential, including: power system evaluations and studies (steady state and transient studies such as short circuit, load flow, FRT, power quality), power system simulation software such as DIgSILENT/PSCAD/PSSE, HV and MV equipment and power systems (e.g. transformers, switchgears, STATCOM)
- Fluency in business English is required
- We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality and competencies
- Engaging team member with an enthusiasm for leading the energy transition
- Solid communication skills and prior experience interacting with technical and commercial stakeholders
- Aptitude for technical and commercial risk management and risk mitigation
- The ability to be organized and collaborative with proven experience working in progressive and intensive environments
- Highly motivated and skilled at stakeholder management (customers, grid operators, conferences, product management and R&D)
- A result-oriented customer focused individual who can work with little supervision and with an international team
What we offer
You will have excellent opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development. The work environment is characterised by being result-orientated and project driven at high professional level and with a deep technical commitment.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. We offer an exciting work environment with great opportunities for professional and personal growth with the most sustainable company in the world.
Despite our size, Vestas offers flexibility and agility, giving you the freedom to work creatively in an international environment with highly diverse teams. We give you extensive on the job and multi-functional training. We will provide you with the platform to ensure you are growing in the role regardless of your previous experience.
We are truly leaders in sustainability - Vestas was ranked
"Most Sustainable Company in the World 2022" and
"Most Sustainable Company in Energy Industry 2023"
Our aspiration is to be the most inclusive company within the energy industry and provide a workplace where every employee feels safe, valued, and know that their voice will be heard.
Your primary work location will be Edinburgh, Scotland, Dublin, Ireland (GB), or Warrington, England (GB) You should expect up to 15 travel days per year.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply before the 17th November 2023. Please apply online and include CV and cover letter. All documents are preferred in English
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.