Job Title: Lab Technician (Petrochemical)
Company/Department: SINOPEC-UOP Joint Research Center (SINOPEC Employee)
Reports To: Sr. Operations Manager
**Looking for someone who has hands-on experience with catalyst preparation and characterization**
The Lab Technician will be conducting experimental work in a petrochemical laboratory for catalysis related projects in the fields defined by the Company. The Lab Technician primary responsibilities includes: catalyst preparation and characterization, performing analytical tests and performance testing, reporting results, troubleshooting, and maintaining the analytical equipment for the laboratory. The Lab Technician will provide interpretation and analysis of data resulting from various analytical tests. The candidate must be able to maintain accurate records of all analytical tests and work as a team member with other personnel and R&D staff. A variety of chemistry, computer, equipment, and problem-solving skills are essential to succeed and progress in this role.
- Work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Perform catalyst preparation and characterization.
- Collect data and perform instrument modifications and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Understand and follow oral and written objectives and experimental procedures.
- Establish procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiency and data quality (including preparation of Job Safety Analyses, Standard Operating Procedures, and HS&E documentation).
- Responsible for managing lab inventory.
- Accumulate knowledge and skills to support development and management of research protocols and scientific efforts.
- Achieve lab goals, and meet deadlines as requested.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work area.
- Procure, handle, safely dispose of and account for experimental materials.
- Generate and document high quality data and calculations of known reliability.
- Observe and communicate any unusual or unexpected results.
- Draw conclusions from the data based on prior experience.
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner using established department procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with catalyst characterization with an emphasis on XRF, TGA, FTIR, TPD, TPR, XRD, Chemisorption, Physisorption, and ICP.
- Knowledge of petrochemical products characterization IC, NMR, fluorescence instruments in refining, petrochemical or gas processing industries GC, GC-MS, HPLC.
- Data integrity is critical – must have the ability to accurately collect/interpret/document experimental/scientific data as required.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability is critical to this role.
- Must be able to complete assignments and perform techniques and practices related to the analytical area.
- Must be able to collaborate with other scientists professionally.
- Catalyst performance testing (Microreactor or Pilot plant) experience preferred.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- Associate degree in Chemistry or a closely related science discipline is required. (Degree must be from an Accredited Degree program.) Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience on interpretation of results, operating and maintaining instruments in a laboratory environment is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience analytical science, analytical lab operations, Research & Development, petrochemical or gas processing industries is preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- No relocation extended.
Disclaimers: The foregoing statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of this role and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position. The specifics of this job description will be updated from time to time, as appropriate and required.
STHC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1-832-831-1200.
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website: www.sinopecthc.com
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Sinopec Tech Houston, LLC. (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sinopec Tech Houston
Share this job