Location: Poland (Krakow) or Romania (Bucharest)
Open To: EU Nationals or Work Permit Holder of Romania or Poland
Job Overview: A leading global Technology and Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Junior Project Manager to work alongside experienced professionals in supporting projects relating to the development and deployment of customized digital solutions for clients across Sub-Saharan Africa and Caspian region. Applicants invited from ambitious individuals interested in developing their career in Project Management. You will be supported and mentored by a range of team players. Previous experience working in Agile Teams and holding a PM certifications (e.g., PMI, Six Sigma..) advantageous. This role can be hybrid - working 3 days in the office and 2 from home.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction-based software and much more.
The Company has been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling their clients turn critical information into useful knowledge. With the deployment of their main point technologies to Cloud based solutions, they are one of the few Companies to provide clients with an online environment for optimizing their exploration and appraisal lifecycle across global teams.
As many of their client base now look to low carbon solutions such as CCS, Geothermal, Hydrogen etc. the Company is actively working with these players in the development and deployment of supportive technologies.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Country Services manager, your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Work alongside an experienced team, actively involved in the project management of customized digital solutions for clients across Sub-Saharan Africa and Caspian region. Solutions could be for desk-top or cloud.
• Establish relationships of trust with Teams involved (agile software developers, solution architects, R&D….) in projects.
• Be proactive in learning and applying best practices and processes to all aspects of your work.
• Support various aspects of project management – requirement definition, management of deliverables, communications with stakeholders,
• Support Tenders – review Tender documents, collate requirement, help define works involved and players….
• Work in a professional and timely manner for all your assigned tasks.
• Ensure you communicate effectively across all stakeholders involved.
• Be proactive in further developing your PM skills – e.g. acquiring a Project Management Certification (e.g. PMP, PMI, Six Sigma…) or a higher level cert.
• Ensure your tasks/projects adhere to best practices and appropriate Methodology and Governance Processes set by your Manager.
• Participate in Lessons Learned and Network Meetings
• Keep abreast of trending PM methodologies and their impact etc.
• Attend seminars/conferences/webinars/roadshows as required to represent the Company and to improve your understanding of latest trends in technology deployment.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree preferred – in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
• Min 2+ years’ work experience essential.
• Experienced working with teams in the development / deployment of software/technology projects highly desired.
• Previous involvement in managing small to medium projects advantageous.
• Project Management Certification highly desired (for example PMI, Six Sigma or an MBA)
• Knowledge or experience of Agile or/and Waterfall approach highly desired.
• Team player but can has the confidence to work independently on tasks.
• Can take instructions effectively – can listen and understand and run with the tasks requested.
• Strong communication skills - ability to engage effectively across teams.
• Confident –to ask questions, probe and seek out answers to problems.
• Good time management - can prioritise tasks and deliver results effectively.
• Oil & Gas industry exposure/experience highly desired – especially with regards to project management and software/solutions deployment.
• Experience working with CRM and ERP type solutions desired.
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and engage with all stakeholders.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Package: A Base Salary of circa €40K - €50K is on offer dependent on skills, experience and location. Plus Bonus Scheme and full Company Benefits
Other: The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
PS. Please submit a Cover Letter in support of your application - it should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.