Open To: UK Nationals or UK Work Permanent holder
Job Overview: A leading and well-established Information Management Company in the global oil and gas industry seeks Junior Geodetic Support person to work at an oil operator client site in London. The key focus of this junior role is to provide support to subsurface data management, interpretation geoscientists and well engineers globally with positional data. Applicants are invited with some knowledge of geomatics/geodesics, some understanding of subsurface data (i.e., seismic, well, navigation..), motivated to take on this junior role, and to be fully trained and take on additional responsibilities as you progress.
The Company’s success is built upon their status of trusted advisors within oil and gas. They have a well-established client base from small to major oil companies who they support, in transforming data and information into useful knowledge; the deployment of cloud solutions; and in the optimisation of technologies and workflows.
In this role with the Operator, you will be trained, supported and mentored by the current senior Geodetic Consultant. Overtime, you will expect to progress and take on a lot of his responsibilities dealing with customers across this major global operator.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Senior Geodetic Consultant, the role will consist of the following activities:
• Become knowledgeable in all aspects of the Geodetic Consultant Services offered.
• Build good working relationships with peers and internal customers of these services.
• Provide support to subsurface data management, interpretation geoscientists and well engineers globally with positional data.
Provide Quality Control of all geodetic data
• Provide support to internal customers on the loading and management of their data.
• Load geodetic definitions (CRSs)
• Provide QC of 2D and 3D seismic navigation data
• Provide QC of well location coordinates and directional survey
• Provide overall general geomatics support globally
• Following training, take on more responsibilities in this field.
• Strive to become a go-to-person for geodetic support needs across the Company.
• Work in compliance with Company procedures and work instructions.
• Strive to deliver timely and professional services to all customers globally.
• Preferably, a degree qualification in a Geoscience, Geodetics, Maths, Engineering or data analytical subject.
• An understanding of geodetics essential – (N.B. A geodetic survey determines the precise position of permanent points on the earth's surface, taking into account the shape, size and curvature of the earth)
• Some understanding of seismic and/or well data essential.
• Strong technical skills essential – has the ability to absorb technical knowledge through training and mentoring quickly and coherently.
• Strong analytical skills essential – can identify anomalies in data and define resolutions.
• Previous experience in a similar role highly desirable.
• A systematic and disciplined approach to work and is able to plan, schedule and monitor own work within a limited and / or defined timeline essential.
• A strong team player essential
• A meticulous attention to detail with accurate inputting skill essential.
• Strong communication skills essential – will liaise with many different internal customers globally.
• Strong stakeholder management skills essential - with the ability to prioritise competing demands across stakeholders.
• Highly flexible – ability to adapt to new project challenges and prioritise workloads.
Package: A Salary of £30K - £35K is on offer for this junior role. There may be some flexibility for a high calibre candidate. Plus company benefits.
Please submit a Cover Letter with your application - outlining a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience pertaining to requirements) b) your availability and c) your Salary expectations.