Open To: UK or EU National or UK, Dutch or EU Work Permit holders
Job Overview: A leading and well-established Information Management Company in the global oil and gas industry seeks a Junior Subsurface Data Manager to work within the team responsible for their well data Quality Improvement Project. You will be based at the Company’s offices in Aberdeen or the Hague or at the oil Operator site in Rijswijk. Working alongside experienced personnel, you will help create a quality-controlled batch of well data which adheres to the project requirements and client requests. Applicants are invited with an awareness of subsurface (Geoscience & Engineering) data types and the complex nature of how the data is obtained and stored and applied. Training, learning & development opportunities will be provided as required. This role would ideally suit a graduate looking for their first role in the energy sector, or someone with some industry experience looking for a fresh challenge.
The Company has been at the forefront of providing expert data and information management services to the upstream oil and gas industry for over two decades. Services range from IM advisory, project, support and learning consulting services, helping clients reduce costs and increase efficiencies to devising effective data /IM management strategies.
Responsibilities: Reporting to Team Leader of the Quality Improvement Project team, the role will consist of the following activities:
• Become knowledgeable of the practices and work process of the team.
• Work alongside the team providing a key managed service to this major operator.
• Working on small projects, support the creation of a quality-controlled batch of well data which adheres to the project requirements and client requests. Full training provided.
• Build good working relationships with peers and internal customers of these services.
• Work in compliance with Company procedures and work instructions.
• Provide regular progress / status updates.
• Work in a collaborative manner.
• Strive to deliver timely and professional services to all.
• Following training, take on more responsibilities for tasks.
• A degree qualification essential - preferably in Geology/Petroleum Geology/Earth A sound knowledge of Computer Science and IT essential.
• An awareness of subsurface (Geoscience & Engineering) data types essential.
• An awareness of how subsurface data is obtained, stored, integrated, applied, essential and preferably an awareness of how it is managed across multiple business functions
• A knowledge of wireline and MWD/LWD logging tools and their applications desired.
• Cross-discipline knowledge within the subsurface domain (Geology, Petrophysics, Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Wells etc.) desired
• The ability to prioritise workloads, work to strict deadlines and follow workflows essential.
• Knowledge of data management, data clean-up, quality control and data loading desired.
• Any experience working with commonly used software in the subsurface industry such as Petrel, Techlog, Geolog and Interactive Petrophysics, or relational databases desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (in English)
• A detail-orientated self-starter with the ability to solve technical problems
• A positive attitude and demonstrates commitment and initiative in the delivery of an efficient service - is customer focused.
• Understanding of integrated data management systems
• A strong team player essential
Package: This is a junior role with great potential - A Base Salary of circa £25K - £33K plus benefits is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Please submit a Cover Letter with your application - outlining a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience pertaining to requirements) b) your availability and c) your Salary expectations and d) your preference for location.