An exciting opportunity to work at the new Engineering organisation in Shell IT. We are looking for a SeasonedCapability Lead for Full Stack Development with great interpersonal skills to join our team.
Your growth is our future in IT Engineering. Information technology supports all aspects of our businesses and we have some of the world’s most complex problems to solve. You will not only get an opportunity to work with the latest technology, but with the scale of Shell, you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology working with the biggest players in the technology industry. With open source a key tenet of our technology choices, you will also get the opportunity to contribute back to the software community. The diversity of positions on offer are bound to help you grow in your career.
IT Engineering offers a unique opportunity for you to make an impact across a complex integrated energy value chain serving all lines of business in the Group. You could be creating new customer services in the largest Lubricants business globally, or innovating ways to grow an Aviation business which refuels five aircrafts every minute. With Shell investing significantly in renewables, there will be several opportunities to power our green engine too.
The Capability Centre Lead for Full Stack Development will play a key role in Shell IT’s mission of delivering value differentiating products to Shell’s businesses globally. This technical leadership role aims to deepen Shell’s development capability in all parts of the stack, be it DevOps, Databases, Backend or Front-end. You will be responsible to support in driving the vision for software engineering technologies and processes across Shell and leading high-performance engineering teams to deliver customer-centric, value enabling business outcomes. A key aspect of your role will be recruit and develop talent from within the local market , consult with various businesses around potential cloud-native solutions to be developed.
- Build, nurture and grow high performance teams using Agile Engineering principles
- Act as a technical leader sharing own experience, insights and energy, adopting a hands-on approach where needed
- Set technical agenda for products closely with business
- Solution consulting and development in accordance with modern cloud-native software engineering principles, methods, standards, and practices. Contribution to software engineering discipline by bringing the latest in the market to the enterprise, continually updating standards, methods and tools.
- Managing complex integration scenarios between on-premise legacy solutions, private and public cloud environments.
- Thrives in uncertainty
- Get energy from motivating others to success
- Customer obsessed
- Empathetic to human psychology and aspects
- Places value in design to solve customer problems
- Proven excellent communication skills internally and externally to management levels and a broad range of stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- High emotional intelligence, integrity and trustworthiness