Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Integrity Engineers as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
To ensure that piping and static equipment on the Company Marine Units' are prepared and maintained in a good and reliable condition by the most economical combination of investment and maintenance throughout the projected lifetime, taking into account specific site and contract conditions.
• For all units, assist in the preparation of the RBI inspection plan and follow up on the actual status.
• Prepare piping, static equipment, and coating inspection plan for SBM leased unit.
• Verify that inspections and maintenance are done accordingly to the Inspection plan, analyze trends in deteriorating conditions and advise remedial actions as necessary.
• Preparation of repair specifications and follow-up repairs. Maintain a register of typical repair procedures, including those qualifying as ‘temporary’.
• Ensure the technical databases are set up for every new SBM-owned FPSO lease project and coordinate input with the project team and Asset integrity headquarters.
• Maintain up-to-date databases Piping and Pressure Vessels and work with the Strategy team to improve functionality. Highlight corrosion trends, re-occurring damages, etc.
• Prepare report and KPI on the status of coating on topsides piping and topsides supports
• Evaluate the effectiveness of criteria developed for condition assessment and projected service life of piping and static of SBM leased units. Report shortcomings and manage to update of criteria.
• Ensure that generally applicable lessons learned are implemented in the Corporate Engineering Standards.
• Verify before F(P)SO delivery, at the yard, that refurbishment on piping is done as specified and in line with Company Policy.
• Carry out piping condition audits on existing and new marine units.
• For new lease projects, assists in review documentation on Piping, Static equipment, and inspectability aspects. Follow up on life extension studies.
• Assist in the preparation of responses to offshore queries relevant to the discipline.
• Assist in technical decisions regards to Piping and Pressure Vessel
• Be familiar with Class requirements for continuous and special survey regimes or schemes
• Degree qualification in an Engineering Discipline.
• Minimum 5 years experience in the oil and gas industry, ideally: FPSOs, Piping Inspection/Construction, Asset integrity.
• Experience in Non-destructive inspection, with a significant piping materials/corrosion background.
• Good sense of economics and -good analytical skills.
• Excellent communication, planning, and organizing skills.
• Fluent English.
• Computer Literate.
• Ability to travel internationally including Offshore.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.