Instrumentation and Control Engineer
Exciting Senior I&C Engineer Opportunity! Join our dynamic team as a Senior I&C Engineer and take charge of managing discipline activities and project teams. Your expertise ensures seamless project execution, adherence to corporate procedures, and timely delivery of project deliverables within budget.
Position requires thorough knowledge of instrumentation design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Eichleay standards.
MAIN AREAS OF ACTIVITY/ RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
- Instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less experienced Engineers.
- Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers.
- Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
- May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
- Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Eichleay meetings.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- BSc degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and over seven years of experience with advance knowledge in instrumentation engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education;
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- AutoCAD familiarity.
- BATC Safety Training.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects with BioProcess and/or Petrochemical Clients.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Licensed PE or EIT is preferred.
- Knowledgeable with ISA Standards.
- Familiarity with industrial computer systems, motor control, PLCs and DCSs.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Driven, focused, and committed to high-performance delivery.
Change agent mentality, people management attitude, detail-oriented, and collaborative.
Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
Proficiency in Italian is highly desired.
Work Location: Head Engineering Office
What's in for you: A competitive economical package as well as the opportunity to work on a large-scale Oil & Gas projects. We will provide you with accommodation, lunch vouchers as well as other benefits.