Main function of the job: -
Control and instrumentation design checker typically has a wide range of responsibilities includes planning daily, weekly control and instrumentation engineering design and as built drawings work activities and assigning tasks to designers and also tracking progress on these tasks, making sure that everyone is working effectively and efficiently and the work completed on time with high quality according to engineering standards.
Check and approve engineering drawings from the point of view of technical completeness, clarity, conformance with standards, dimensional accuracy, correct specification of materials and control system operation.
Duties and responsibilities: -
- Planning daily and weekly control and instrumentation engineering design and as built drawings work activities, assigning tasks to designers and also tracking work progress.
- Check and approve Control room layout and as built drawings include the location of instruments console panels, marshalling control racks, computer racks and peripherals, logic racks, termination racks and boxes,.. etc.
- Check and approve Interconnection wiring diagrams and as built for instruments and field control panels also for marshalling cabinets, racks, junction boxes located in process interface building, substation, control rooms, ..etc.
- Check and approve design and as built drawings for installation of ESD, PLC and DCS systems.
- Check and approve cause and effect diagrams of instruments.
- Check and approve mounting details and hook up diagrams for field instruments.
- Check and approve cable schedule, vendor list, I/O list, Instrumentation index, control Loop drawings and bill of materials.
- Collaborate with Project engineers, determine project requirements and work closely with other disciplines, to develop designs, construction documents and as built drawings.
- Prepare master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact dimensions.
- Collect existing drawings both in hard copies and electronic copies (as available) to review, identify conflicts, mark up the drawings and prepare plant as built drawings.
- Visit Site, mark up drawings for as built and collect site updated information from plant inspection, operation and maintenance staff.
- Make sure incorporation of all relevant changes/corrections and modification of redline mark ups drawings (RLMU) in the as built drawings.
- Use latest Computer Aided drafting equipment and/or conventional drafting station to prepare engineering and as built drawing.
- Complete projects and as built drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
- Organize, maintain and store back up copy of all revisions of project drawings, files and project related information in a logical and well-structured manner
- Prepare technical and routine progress reports for management.
Qualifications & experience: -
- Education: - Minimum HNC in instruments and control system engineering or higher.
- A CAD certificate and Proficient in use latest CAD softwares.
- Experience: - Minimum 15 years drafting, design and design checker experience in control system engineering and as built drawings projects in oil and gas industry.
- Familiar with control system and instruments engineering standards, codes and safety requirements in oil and gas industries such as ISA.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills MS office.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 56 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Europe & North America Candidates )
• Work Cycle of 65 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Other Candidates )
• 9 Hours a day
• 6 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Air fare travel by Economy Class
• Medical cover
• Accident Cover
• Accommodation, Food & Internal transportation to be provided by the client
• Single Status