Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Instrument Technician on a 2/3 rotation.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
Safe and efficient operation and optimisation of all instrumentation and associated systems, including high frequency PMR work, documentation reporting and Log Keeping duties.
- First line maintenance, repair, inspection, calibration and fault finding on instrumentation equipment ranging from discrete package controls to complex control loops, logic and more.
- Will act as system owner for various Mechanical and rotating equipment systems, developing regular system reports for MRI.
- Liaises with equipment vendors to execute tier 2 and 3 work activities, also advise and liaise with the construction team to ensure system compliance is maintained. Have suitable competence to work on pump and generator sets also mentor less experienced personnel up to this standard.
- Proactive member of the Offshore Operations Production Team, providing assistance to the Maintenance Supervisor, Centralised maintenance Intervention team Leaders and installation Leadership Team in order to meet team deliverables and objectives as defined in the asset Business Plan.
- Participates in weekly review in preparation of tasks in the 7-day plan prioritising work tasks aligned with asset priorities and daily briefings.
- Updating work orders in SAP to provide details of task and equipment history, including actual hours spent and information to justify departure from estimated hours.
- Regularly makes use of Operation procedures which shall provide sufficient detail to allow equipment start up, shutdown in a safe manner understanding the potential hazards associated with the process or equipment involved.
- Carry out a PSSR pre-start up safety review. Reviews content, ensures accuracy, highlights discrepancies in procedures and a good knowledge of Process Safety, able to initiate and follow through MOC and maintenance work order processes where changes are required.
- Diagnostic and Remedial Work/Operations fault finding in the event of equipment failure, control or system faults using relevant Engineering and schematic single line Drawings, Vendor Manuals and other Data to assist with corrective action.
Act as IAC Isolating Authority Control or CPI Competent Person Instrument.
- Industry recognised Apprenticeship and relevant qualification (minimum City and Guilds or equivalent) and background in individual power generation/distribution.
- Extensive instrument operations and maintenance competency demonstrated preferably gained in a refinery, Chemical plant or offshore environment.
- Must have the ability to compile technical reports with associated drawings as required.
- Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrates knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and apply it in the workplace.
Previous experience in use of SAP or similar CMMS preferred.
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Death in Service
We recruit, reward and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.