Instrument and Control Engineer
Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Instrument and Control Engineer based at our client office in Aberdeen.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
- Provide day to day technical support including the installation of, and fault diagnosis of instrumentation and control equipment and systems.
- Ensures all instrumentation and control systems and equipment is maintained in accordance with relevant standards.
- Co-ordinate with offshore operations personnel the planned and corrective maintenance of plant instruments, control systems and equipment.
- Monitor the performance of plant instruments, control systems (including software) and equipment providing recommendations to address reliability issues.
- Review and implement planned maintenance programme to meet statutory and OEM requirements.
- Routine audit of the CMMS to ensure maintenance history is of a suitable quality and accuracy of PM/PMA periodicity and estimates.
- Is familiar with the appropriate statutory legislation, operations safety case, asset verification scheme, and safety management systems in support of the function.
- Development and management of OPEX and CAPEX budgeted activities and projects.
- Contribution to and development of all direct and indirect activities across the entire planning system from 28 day to CoP.
- Complete regular offshore visits to directly support offshore operations.
- Drive an active role as Cyber Security focal point.
- Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent standard.
- Relevant onshore and offshore experience.
- Instrument and control support function experience is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic when working as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Death in Service
- Sick Pay
We recruit, reward and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.