HEAD, TECHNICAL SERVICES & ASSURANCE
We are seeking to recruit on behalf of our client a HEAD, TECHNICAL SERVICES & ASSURANCE who will based in Qatar on a long term residential contract on married or single status.
- Manage and support technical services through pooled expertise and resources to all international upstream business units. Such support will cover integrated subsurface and surface disciplines, such as geoscience, petroleum and development engineering, operations and specialized technology application to help provide basis for client decision making in these business units Department
- Adheres to and implement the Company's occupational safety and health and environment policy effectively in all of candidate’s work.
- Manage pooled specialized technical expertise and resources to support all international upstream business units
- Develop, implement and monitor core technical processes to streamline and provide consistency to UI business decisions, such as capital stage gates, reserves and resources classification and evaluating growth opportunities
- Co-ordinate Subject Matter Expert (SME) review and support to challenge operators’ technical services process and workflow in all non-operated international assets, exploration licenses and growth opportunities
- Liaise with functional teams (particularly Finance, Commercial and Legal) in all technical matters related to UI business assets according to client operational processed and guidelines
- Manage data and information flow, dissemination and management in coordination with corporate functions
- Ensure technology needs are measured and subsequently best-in-class tools and services are available for all discipline end-users
- Manage capability building and staff development through new recruitment, training programs and performing gap analysis against client Job Family Council
- Liaise with client users and technology services providers to coordinate identification, testing and implementation of technology and applications, as needed
- Accountable for data quality and review process of all technical work in all international non-operated assets
- Create and support best in class business processes and guidelines for teams to test and adopt
- Provides recommendation and endorses technical services vendors, work flows and tools.
- Technical assurance for the decision / stage gates as prescribed under existing UI and client processes and guidelines.
- Signs off on international annual reserves and resources under existing UI and client processes and guidelines.
- Signs off on data acquisition and processing / interpretation results and endorses quality checks
- Takes decisions based on techno-administrative analysis of the situation in coordination with Manager, International Technical Support and Liaison
Minimum 15 years varied experience including hands on technical and managerial expertise in in oil and gas industry as well as international organizational experience
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Fluent spoken and written English Education
BSc degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent subjects
Masters is preferred