Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future FPSO Buyers as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
The Buyer is responsible to source, negotiating and purchasing equipment/services in line with budget, schedule, quality and technical project requirements while ensuring that any procurement activity complies with Group Supply Chain strategy processes.
- Understand the contractual requirements of the material/ service to be purchased and elaborate the bid package together with the relevant disciplines;
- Ensure that the vendor qualification process is performed as per Company rules;
- Issue request for quotation, expedite and collect offers from bidders;
- Analyze the offers and identify areas for commercial or contractual clarifications in order to facilitate discussion with bidders and get offers aligned and in line with Company requirements;
- Develop recommendations for the bidder selection based on the input from the relevant disciplines and on the assessment of offered costs, technical requirements and delivery time in accordance with Company Ethics and Compliance rules;
- Ensure that the tactical management of the procurement process is conducted appropriately and in full compliance with Company working procedures;
- Perform financial/commercial analysis (market intelligence, cost breakdown structure, benchmark…) of the current scenarios, identify risks and opportunities and recommend alternatives that can drive the final decision to purchase;
- Conduct internal contract checkpoints all along the purchase order execution to ensure contractual protections are in place and to minimize contractual /financial risks;
- Be responsible for managing any claims with Vendors and developing an appropriate settlement plan;
- Get familiarized with deliverables provided by Strategic Sourcing and apply them at best.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.