Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Siemens Mobility offers intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban and freight transportation. We’re looking to empower people wanting to seek the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
The Engineering Technician will be supporting the localization of all our rail products from Germany to our factory operations in Alpharetta, GA. Our team of Technicians collaborate with both the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering groups in Germany to ensure design compliance.
Principal Duties & Tasks
- Support Alpharetta factory operations with technical engineering related issues for ongoing projects
- Create and maintain material master data and bills of material in Teamcenter and SAP
- Compile, review, and release assembly documentation package to Manufacturing team
- Analyze product specifications and clarify product requirements for local suppliers
- Determine disposition of non-conforming materials
- Lead local engineering change efforts through Teamcenter and SAP
- Assist Supply Chain team with documentation packages for local sourcing efforts
- Assist Customer Service Repair team with technical support
- Assist with crafting assembly drawings, wire harness drawings as required
- Participate in Gemba meetings
- Participate in First Article Inspections with customer as required
- Identify process improvements
- Comply with all ISO and DT regulations pertaining to above stated roles
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma. Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology or similar preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work Monday-Friday from 7:00am-3:30pm EST
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CAD Software (AutoCAD, Autodesk)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.