Cornerstone Engineering, Inc. is looking for an Engineering Technician who is interested in joining a team of consultants focused on serving relationship-based clients in a collaborative, innovative, and multi-disciplinary environment. While initial project needs pertain to the Oil & Gas industry, project experience may include Utility and Water Treatment.
Cornerstone is a privately-owned consulting firm who prioritizes company culture and employee growth to ensure we are meeting the needs of our clientele while developing the capabilities of our team members.
The qualifications and responsibilities of Engineering Technician candidates interested in joining our team are as follows:
Minimum Experience & Capabilities:
- Minimum 1 year of related Oil & Gas experience
- Knowledge of WellView or OpenWells along with associated terminology and procedures
- Experience creating and auditing wellbore diagrams
Preferred Experience & Capabilities:
- Ability to create and audit wellbore diagrams
- Understanding of well history, drilling, completion, and abandonment processes
- Knowledge of drilling and completions operations
- Strong understanding of well data found on drilling, completion, and workover reports
- Experience creating Notice of Intent reports for wells that require abandonment
- Experience creating well history packages for recently abandoned wells
- Capable of assisting clients with special projects and data analysis. Retrieve and provide cost data from WellView or OpenWells so that it can be analyzed
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to be effective in a team environment
- Working knowledge of pertinent industry codes and standards
- Experience as a member of a consulting firm
- General Utility and Oil & Gas industry knowledge and field experience
- Passion for delivering excellence to our internal and external customers
Location & Travel:
- This position would be based out of the Bakersfield, CA office; remote work arrangements are a possibility
The above summary is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.