We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, performs preventive/predictive maintenance, diagnostics, and repairing a variety of electronic and/or electrical equipment relative to their assigned location.
- Performs function testing to verify equipment readiness after maintenance.
- Must be proficient in understanding/interpreting electronic and/or electrical schematics/drawings/prints.
- Performs work within a variety of Halliburton specific software and hardware.
- Must possess advanced computer literacy.
- Ensures adherence, accurate input, and maintenance of data into Halliburton's system of record.
- This role is responsible for following specific and detailed work processes within the Halliburton Management System (HMS) during daily job activities.
- Performs own work and assists others as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience in an electrical field are required.
- A Technical Certification is preferred.
- Performs all levels of scheduled electrical and electronic preventive maintenance. Suitable candidates must have an ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative without direct supervision where control systems are on remote customer sites.
- Maintains, inspects, diagnoses faults, and repairs Halliburton equipment as per Halliburton maintenance and calibration procedures.
- Performs Ex inspections for hazardous area electrical equipment as required by the company and external customers.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Installs new or reconditioned components for equipment repair.
- Requires good working knowledge of electrical block and termination diagrams, installation and equipment drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits/drawings/prints.
- Requires good working knowledge of single phase and three phase AC power distribution systems. Equipment isolation and safe working practices.
- Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Job role may require working in a workshop, offshore, shipyard / quayside work and international travel on an ad-hoc basis.
Education and Experience:
- NC / HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of a recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship and 2 years relevant experience in related electrical / electronic fields.
- CompEx (EX01-EX04) certification required. Training can be arranged for suitable candidates.
- Current offshore survival training, OPITO BOSIET with EBS. Training can be arranged for suitable candidates.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 182102
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Maintenance PSL
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.