Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Technician to work 2/3 rotation.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
- First line maintenance, repair, inspection, fault finding on Power Generation and Distribution equipment ranging through High Voltage/Low Voltage/Extra Low Voltage Equipment throughout the Installation.
- Monitors and maintain good Housekeeping conditions within Area of Responsibility as detailed in the Company Safety Practices and Procedures Manual
- Will act as system owner for various Electrical systems, developing regular system reports for MRI. Liaise with and advise equipment vendors to execute tire 2 and 3 work activities
- Undertake a suitable competence assessment such as CompEX certification to work and carry out maintenance on equipment used within hazardous areas
- Proactive member of the Offshore Maintenance Team, providing assistance and advice to the Maintenance Supervisor, Centralised maintenance Intervention team Leaders and installation Leadership Team in order to meet team deliverables and objectives as defined in the asset Business Plan
- HV switching and SAPE to also mentor less experienced personnel up to this standard
- Ensuring isolations are adequately identified, applied, tested, secured, and recording isolation points and method of isolation within ISSOW to ensure that Isolation Standards are complied with as per the requirements and Clients Electrical Rules.
- Industry recognised Apprenticeship and relevant qualification (minimum City and Guilds or equivalent) and background in individual power generation/distribution.
- Must have the ability to compile Technical Reports with associated Drawings as required, pertaining to Electrical systems or operations.
- Relevant offshore certification is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrates knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and apply it in the workplace.
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Death in Service
- Sick Pay
We recruit, reward and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.