CLOSING DATE 27 NOVEMBER 2023
As an Electrical Design Engineer for Rig Technologies this is
an opportunity to use and grow your professional experience in
automated control systems and hazardous area equipment, contributing to
the aftermarket design solutions on Oil & Gas drilling equipment.
Your competence in electrical design, software programming, and
hazardous area equipment selection/implementation will support your
interface with our multi-discipline department (mechanical design,
draughting and project management).
With guidance of the Lead Electrical Design Engineer and Engineering
Manager your duties will include taking responsibility for the technical
integrity of assigned Engineering projects and the quality and
effectiveness of electrical design engineering support. This will
include taking ownership of design solutions across multiple projects
and supporting the Field Engineering team.
You will undertake Engineering design activities including: selection
of control and instrumentation hardware, checking and approving
drawings, also preparing and checking design calculations. In this role
you will apply sound engineering principles to develop creative and
robust solutions to a variety of challenges. You will provide
supervisory guidance to draughting personnel and other project
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design solutions in accordance with applicable legislative and drilling equipment standards
- Produce and review electrical drawings, Assemblies, Schematics & Indexes
- Produce and review technical documentation, Reports, Procedures & Manuals
- Produce and review controls system software, PLC code, HMI screens, VFD parameters
- Produce and review electrical calculations, I.S. verification, Volt drop, Cable sizing
- Ensure that internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that document numbering and revision control procedure is conformed to
- Process project design & control documentation according to QA processes and on a timely basis,
- Quote, CPA, Documentation register, Design Review, After Action Review
- A degree in electrical engineering discipline, equivalent or suitable relevant experience
- Experience in design of control systems
- Experience in Software Programming (Desirable)
- Experience with selection and application of equipment used hazardous areas (Desirable)
- Experience with oil field equipment (Desirable)
SKILLS, TRAINING & SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Good understating of and the ability to design electrical
assemblies, schematics & technical documentation associated with
control systems. This specifically relates to control systems of
automated equipment and familiarity with control over
hydraulic/pneumatic systems and variable speed drives.
- Understanding of engineering documents and drawings (e.g. be able
to read P&IDs, ISO drawings, calculation reports etc. and be able to
extract useful information for design)
- Skilled at software programming of industrial control systems (Desirable)
- Have knowledge and understanding of ISO quality system
- Have an understanding of CE marking and harmonized directives (Desirable)
- Have an understanding of Hazardous area equipment requirements of ATEX, IEC-EX, UL (Desirable)
- Have an understanding of the oil industry culture and particularly its focus on safety (Desirable)
- Have and understanding of industry standards API, DNV, ABS, NORSOK (Desirable)
day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of
experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
region in the world and across every area of drilling and production,
our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced
equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the
We are a global family of thousands of
individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for
ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation,
product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the
industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’
needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on
time and on budget.
About the Team
NOV Rig Technologies, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and
innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on
what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase
uptime, and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe.