Location: UK – Oxfordshire
Open To: UK/EU Citizen or UK Work Permit Holder
Job Overview: A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a seasoned Earth Modeler to help define and manage their technology roadmap for the development and deployment of their Earth Modeling software portfolio. Applicants invited with proven earth modelling experience, the ability to apply this knowledge to technology development and have excellent communication skills to manager internal and external partner relationships. Experience in the development of technology highly desired. This is a hybrid role where you will be expected to work from the office at least 2 days a week. The role offers great scope for international travel (approx. 15%) and the opportunity to influence technology advancements in the earth modelling domain.
Supported by global offices, the Company has been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades. They cover the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. Their consulting services integrate expertise and processes with their advanced technologies to optimise real-time workflows and provide robust information management solutions.
Their Earth Modelling solutions, enable customers to visualize the earth model in 2D and 3D for powerful validation and quality control capabilities, and gain an enhanced understanding of their assets for critical decision making processes.
Their Subsurface Product Management organization has many technology business lines, earth modelling being one. In this multifaceted role, you will report into the Earth Modeling Domain Owner and have 3-4 Product owners report into you.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Earth Modeling Domain Owner, your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Become knowledgeable in the Company’s technologies and services.
• Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company matrix organization.
• Build strong relationships of trust with existing and potential customers.
• Understand the challenges and drivers across earth modelling and how the Company’s solutions can help address these not only for oil and gas but also for all low carbon sectors that customers are transitioning into.
• As a seasoned Earth Modeler, apply earth modeling workflows and technologies to real world examples.
• Work with the earth modelling Domain Owner, executive management, and external stakeholders to help define & manage the solution strategy, roadmap, commercialization model, financial performance, IP portfolio and Lifecycle execution.
• As required, work with the Product Owners of modelling solutions, to help manage the scrum teams to define Stories, acceptance criteria, and prioritizing the Team Backlog (i.e. systems that records and shares actions/stories of team players)
• Work with Sales & Marketing to generate go-to-market and sales-strategy materials.
• Provide as required, external product demos and presentations.
• Working closely with the Product Owners and DevSecOps (development, security, and operations) personnel, help meet or exceed software delivery milestones using an agile scrum approach.
• Be proactive in identifying and developing case studies with customers for the purpose of presentations at workshops, lessons learned, conferences, and also for your publications in industry journals.
• Stay abreast of industry trends in relation to earth modelling solutions – e.g. what competitors are releasing, clients road maps, application of AI/ML in this domain, the application of data and solutions across the Energy transition for low carbon initiatives (e.g. CCUS, Geothermal..). Be proactive in sharing this knowledge across the Company.
• Strive to raise awareness and reputation of the Company’s earth modelling solutions in the industry.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in a Geoscience or Reservoir Engineering subject essential (BSc., MSc. or higher desired)
• Minimum of 10 years oil and gas industry experience preferred.
• Strong earth modelling background essential – preferably in roles involving the application of earth modelling workflows and technologies to real world examples
• Proficient in statistical data analysis and geostatistical modeling essential.
• Proficient in subsurface uncertainty modeling workflows including the assessment of subsurface uncertainty sources and the static-dynamic modeling linkage essential.
• Some experience in software development, software deployment, technology workflows, management of technology processes or equivalent highly desired.
• Familiar in software development methodologies such as agile/scrum preferred
• Familiar with design thinking methodologies or equivalent preferred .
• Previous experience in managing product teams in software development & commercialization, or in influencing product development highly desired – full training provided though.
• Commercial acumen and business focus desired - to understand the value of the product to the customer.
• Customer focused essential – ensure a high level of customer satisfaction across all engagements.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills essential - to work collaboratively and be confident working with customers.
• Technically confident essential - with the ability to collaborate/engage across technical domains in the organization.
• Previous experience of working in an Agile development environment highly desired but training provided.
• Passion for technological advancement essential – keen interest in driving innovative solutions for tomorrow’s Energy world!
• Strong project management awareness – timescales, priorities, resource allocations, deliverables, quality assurance etc.
• Strong team player – this role has a great deal of interactions with other teams and players. Managing stakeholder engagements internally and with customers is key!
• Achievement-oriented – focuses on delivering results.
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and gain trust.
• International travel as required (estimated 10% time).
Package: An attractive Salary is on offer depending on skills and experience. Plus a generous bonus and excellent company benefits package. Hybrid role (2 days in office) + travel.
Other: The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
NON WSL Sites
To apply for this job:
1) Go to the Web Site www.working-smart.co.uk, Select ‘Oil and Renewable Energy Jobs” and “Review Job” and “Apply”. If not registered, please do so. Make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter.
2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title/reference and enclose your CV and Cover Note. Our preference is for the above process as this email may take longer for review.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
To apply for this job:
1) Please review your registration and ensure it is current.
2) Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.
Copyright © Working Smart 2018
WSL owns the copyright on all marketing materials written. If copyright is breached, they will take legal action and a minimum $5000 fee will apply.