Aramco is one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies.
Aramco Europe is headquartered in The Hague with offices across the continent. For over 60 years we have supported Aramco with a wide range of activities from facilitating safe and reliable delivery of energy to customers around the globe to pushing for breakthroughs in research and innovation.
Our services include in-depth technology advice and support in established and emerging sectors of oil, gas and energy, as well as finance, HR, legal, PR and communications.
We work with the very best industry suppliers to drive our operations to secure our position as a world leader in energy and chemicals.
At Aramco Overseas Company (AOC)’s Aberdeen Technology Office (ATO), we actively develop and deliver technologies to support Saudi Aramco’s upstream operations. Through accessing resources external to the Kingdom, ATO engages with industry and academia to facilitate technology transfer and develop short as well as long-term technology delivery portfolios. Within the ATO office our staff enjoy an international environment, and provide excellent service to our customer, Saudi Aramco is ultimately the main focus.
• Leverage your extensive knowledge of drilling technologies to identify areas for improvement within drilling equipment, both downhole and at the surface.
• Propose, develop, and implement innovative technical solutions to enhance drilling equipment performance and efficiency.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to facilitate the development and execution of proposed equipment enhancements.
• Negotiate contracts with collaborating parties and ensure alignment with project goals and objectives.
• Prepare comprehensive stage gate presentations for internal approval, addressing potential comments and concerns.
• Take ownership of managing projects from low Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) through stages such as proof of concept, lab testing,
full-scale testing, site integration testing, field testing, and technology deployment.
• Lead the writing and submission of patent applications to protect novel equipment innovations.
• Contribute to the creation of technical presentations and journal publications to share advancements and insights.
• Initiate and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting established timelines and milestones.
• Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to inform continuous improvement efforts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
• Extensive experience (12+ years) in drilling tool technologies, including a deep understanding of drilling processes and methodologies.
• Proven track record of successfully proposing and implementing technical solutions to address operational challenges.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with external partners.
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee projects across multiple stages of development.
• Demonstrated experience in drafting and submitting patent applications.
• Proficiency in technical writing, evidenced by journal publications and presentations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration within cross-functional teams.
• Proactive mindset with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
• Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Capacity to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks effectively.
• Willingness to travel for field testing and collaboration as needed.
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Opportunity to work with cutting-edge drilling technologies and drive impactful innovations.
• Collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diverse perspectives.
• Professional development opportunities to enhance technical and leadership skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 168