Development Planning and Data Management Section Head
. JOB OBJECTIVE
Supervises the provision of cost and scheduling services covering cost estimation, cost control and cost forecasting and scheduling activities within the Subsurface sections. Prepares, classifies and updates a wide range of assigned cost estimates required for economic evaluations, business plan proposals & budget submissions, tender evaluations and related activities. Assists in the ongoing development of standardized cost estimating procedures including utilization of computer-based systems, within the frame work of an integrated project services function, for the effective management of engineering projects and business plan objectives.
Develop integrated subsurface technical and commercial assumptions documents to form the basis of work program and budget. Influence multi- disciplinary teams and communicates at various technical and managements levels to develop and optimize resources, and overall project schedules and cost.
Supervises key field development planning & tracking activities such as scoping, scheduling, designing cost models, work program, budget, integration of planning and reporting in support of the upstream capital projects of subsurface group.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Initiates and develops cost estimating system, and related procedures for engineering projects. Develops a data bank of information of a historical nature, including technical literature and data from external sources. Discusses system requirements with the Planning Engineer for the development of computerized data storage, analysis and reporting systems. Develops appropriate procedures for providing information and for the updating of databank.
- Participates in the completion and consolidation of cost aspects into detailed feasibility study reports. Reviews scope, magnitude and designs for the various stages of the project. Prepares cost estimates including estimated man-hours for each activity, develops unit rates for all activities.This involves keeping pace with the regional and international norms.
- Establishes a routine system for the collation and registration of pertinent commercial, technical project data from sponsors/users, project engineers within subsurface and proponent departments, by administered routing or direct contact to facilitate the required standard of cost estimate preparation, classification, updating and records management.
- Participates in recommending and initiating cost and budget control systems and related procedures. Includes devising forms, manuals, codes and classifications of project costs and recommending the installation of relevant cost systems. Discusses detailed systems requirements with the IT & planning department.
- Participates in the consolidation of annual budget exercise for Subsurface by providing historical status on project budgets, identifying unplanned budget carryover and preparing the necessary paperwork for presentation to Management. Analyses cost expenditure reports, reviews project progress review minutes and draws expenditure profiles which lead to projection and forecast of year end figures.
- Develops control type Company estimates for various Company contracts by reviewing scope of work and assessing man hours and equipment hours which leads to the compilation of Company estimate. Monitors the progress of contracts until completion and analyses any deviations from the estimate.
- Liaises with user section heads and focal engineers to ensure full awareness of project budget estimate/actual cost trends relative to variations in scope of work, unit costs etc, and highlight such variations and potential cost overruns to the concerned parties under the cover of revised cost estimates.
- Performs other similar or related duties such as participating in the commercial evaluation of bids, performing various cost/economic studies alone or as part of a review team; such studies include feasibility studies, optimization reviews, profitability analysis (including projected rate of return) risk analysis and long term financial planning exercises.
- Track Subsurface regular report generation to ensure timely submission and any received letter to ensure the timely reply and advice manager of any urgent request.
- Provides monthly reporting on Subsurface activities and achievements to the management.
- Together with department engineers develop and update the Work program for Gum Deniz and Bahar fields for 1, 5, 15 and 25 years; making production forecast for short and long term periods.
- Plan and coordinate for providing Subsurface input for all JMC, OCM, TCM and other JV meetings on regular basis
- Represent company on technical/management meetings as required.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors such as (studies and core analysis) and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to Block 9 CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the relevant standards / policies /guidelines / procedures in accordance with international industry best practices and corporate policies
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Ensure compliance to all internal and external reporting requirements set by company.
5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Drilling, Well Services, Surface Facilities ,Production & Operations Teams
6. DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on the Block 9 development, production and delivery of business plan
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the KE’s management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
7. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering/Geology/Geophysics
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in the subsurface discipline with at least 5 years in team leader position
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Reserves Evaluation and reporting
- Field Development Planning
- Static and Dynamic Reservoir Modelling & Simulation
- Well Testing
- Production Forecasting
- Reservoir Management Principles
- Good interdisciplinary knowledge of Geophysics, Geology, Petrophysics, Production Technology
- Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.
- Thorough understanding of HSE processes and the practical implementation thereof.
- Strategic thinking
- Team building
- Team work
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem solving
- Change Management