If you are an engineering professional looking to join a team designing new products and technology, our location in Sidney, OH has a great opportunity for you! As a design engineer, you will be responsible for designs of compressors and equipment to support Emerson’s centrifugal products for air conditioning applications. In addition, you will work closely with the design team as well as with the design teams of other regions and may require directing/managing the work of others. As a Design Engineer, You Will:
- Perform design tasks to develop a new commercial compression solution
- Creates CAD models and releases drawings, including part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs) to support manufacturing, testing and assembly of compressors, controls, and other accessories for high speed rotating equipment
- Incorporate existing PLM process to produce and maintain accurate design records in accordance with specific project requirements using accepted corporate methods and design standards, including engineering notices, bills of materials, specifications and related documentation.
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineering, planning, marketing, manufacturing, procurement and others
Maintain design progress including product design deliverables and PLM system integration.
- Works with the New Commercial Products team to design alternatives and options for further improvement of products.
- Participates in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs and codes, advances the Emerson stage gate process for the design function
- Check the work of other team members to ensure accuracy of designs and drawings.
- Conduct tolerance stack-up analysis and reflect geometric dimensions and tolerances to the design and drawings based on engineering requirement and manufacturing capability
Who You Are:
You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning. You understand internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. You bounce back from setbacks. You come up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. You utilize analytical tools to help explore potential scenarios. You are open to change and continue to learn and experience new opportunities. You learn quickly when facing new situations. You seek out experts and innovators to learn about the impact emerging technologies might have on your business.