At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognized globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1,000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ At Subsea 7.
Responsible for optimising and sustaining Regional financial performance and reporting. The Deputy Regional Finance Director supports strategy planning, minimises working capital requirement, oversees accounting operations, produces accurate and meaningful reports on financial performance, position and prospects and improves current practices to maximise efficiency.
- Develops and fosters a positive HSEQ culture throughout Subsea 7.
- Provides strategic and financial guidance to ensure the Regional financial objectives are met or exceeded.
- Enforces all relevant policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the Region.
- Assesses, manages, and minimises Regional financial exposures related to projects execution or country operations.
- Provides financial support and insights to enable the SVP and Regional Management Team to make critical business decisions.
- Ensures the efficient, timely, accurate, cost-effective management and delivery of the Finance and Cost Control function’s activities within the Region.
- Oversees the statutory and tax filings in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP.
- Maintains full compliance with Anti Bribery laws e.g. SAPIN II, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Provides overview to the monthly financial reports and insightful analysis on performance and position.
- Provides financial input and guidance to regional tenders.
- Works with the Group Tax to minimise exposure and ensure local compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure optimum cash generation and consumption and working capital in coordination with Group Treasury.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Professional qualifications – Qualified accountant.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the onshore or offshore construction or energy business.
- Experienced in international tax.
- Managing joint ventures.
- Strong communication (fluency in English is important).
- People development.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Business Partnering skills.
- Strong financial forecasting, planning, and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of finance and/or tax related matters for Africa and the Middle East.
- Working knowledge of IFRS and French GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative problem solving - able to suggest and develop new methods and ways of working.
- Sound communication skills – able to communicate ideas and results to various stakeholders both in written reports and in meetings, presentations etc.
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually with a minimum of supervision.
- The ability to organize and prioritize own work and as such have responsibility for discrete work packages ongoing simultaneously.
- Understanding of clients’ needs and ability to suggest and apply “fit for purpose” solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed in creating a diverse workforce and look to offer an exciting and excellent international career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a range of employment benefits, career development opportunities (mentoring and development programmes) and a flexible working environment, our employees can also further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy and wellbeing through a Medical Private Plan and a Wellbeing support initiatives.
All applicants that meet the job criteria will be contacted in the two weeks following the application submission date by our AMEC recruitment team. Remaining applications will be integrated in our database and considered in future job opportunities.