Deputy Legal Manager
Plans, manages and participates in the provision of a full range of legal, corporate affairs and contractual services in order to ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are satisfied, that COMPANY’s position is protected in all contractual matters, and that expert legal advice is deliberated in the management decision-making.
- Leading the in-house counsels in all legal corporate affairs, attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from the team;
- Implementation of key legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial settlement agreements
- Management of the budget for the business’s legal activity
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to the senior management
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Work with departmental leadership across the business in identifying and managing potential legal risk.
- Base the decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Manage outside legal services
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Ensures that there are efficient systems in place relating to compliance of high impact policies such as anti-bribery and corruption, financial transaction compliance, and so forth
- Monitoring and reporting on the Department's work to the A&S General Manger
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Degree in Law from a recognized international university.
- Legal training in both Civil Law and Common Law as an additional preferred qualifications or certifications.
- 12 year’s varied legal, commercial and contract’s experience in the international arena.
- 3 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry with exposure to Oil & Gas exploration and development lease management/service contracts.
- A proven track record as an effective manager of not less than 5 years.
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Total fluency in English.
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent understanding of related contracts
- Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.
- Strategic thinking
- Team building
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem solving