SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
DCS Technical Specialist :
Responsible for ensuring any work pertaining to DCS and communications systems and software, is carried out safely and with due regard to security of access equipment. He will liaise effectively with other personnel.
Units Of Competence:
1. Control access to radio, satellite, internal communications, DCS, ICSS, SCADA equipment and
2. Maintain the condition of communications, DCS, ICSS, SCADA equipment and software
3. Monitor physical condition of radio, DCS, ICSS and SCADA equipment
4. Recover system integrity.
5. Monitor and advise on system changes.
6. Contribute to health & safety of working environment.
7. Carry out emergency response role.
8. Provide any additional tasks as required by the OIM/Unit Spt, and /or HOD to maintain safe and efficient
running of the Unit.
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience
· Experience with computerised maintenance recording systems (Workmate a benefit ) Ability to use diagnostic software and equipment as required (DaWinci, Synergy). Knowledge of Siemens PCS 7.
· Good levels of written and spoken communication in English.
· Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/ HND/ University Degree (or equivalent) in electrical/ instrumentation and/ or electronics. MOC Certificate.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience with offshore experience preferred.
· Good experience with Permit To Work, Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment techniques.
· Knowledge of local regulations (basic and operational maintenance) (PSE, NORSOC NR etc).
· Experience and knowledge of process and hydrocarbon systems and utilities desirable.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.